Saturday, April 6, 2024

Hugs {My Dear Friend}

Thanks for all of your sweet comments on yesterday's post! I'm back today sharing my project I made for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale. This card features the Into the Blooms: Blossoming Beauties and a few other favorites that were released this time last year. 

To begin, I die cut all of the pieces 3 times each; this gave me quite a few extra blooms and a few extra leaves that made their way onto one of the tags I shared yesterday.  I used Lovely Lady and Raspberry Fizz ink for the largest pink flower, Lemon Tart and Bright Buttercup for the yellow flower, Summer Sunrise and Orange Zest ink for the orange flowers. The leaves are colored using Green Parakeet and New Leaf ink as well as the centers.

I added some Bright Buttercup ink around the edges of a Lemon Tart A2 panel and some Orange Zest ink splatter. I used the Cover Plate: Exquisite die and white cardstock and layered it over the top of the yellow panel using liquid glue. I didn't want to cover up too much of the background, so I die cut the largest bracket in the Love to Layer: Delightful Brackets die out of vellum. I used the medium bracket for the focal point to anchor the flowers and leaves.

I used foam squares to adhere the white bracket to the vellum bracket and then used additional foam squares on the vellum layer behind the white layer so they wouldn't show through. The sentiment is from the Perfect Pairs: Essentials stamp set; I think it plays well with the flowers and the stark contrast of the white embossing.

I added a trio of sequins and some glitter, which now I can see I didn't brush off the excess very well from the sentiments (whoops!). I added the entire panel to a top-folding A2 card base using liquid glue. I will tell you a secret since we're friends....I think the focal point is too low on the card (even though it's centered) because of the size of the sentiment. I actually pulled the entire vellum portion off and lifted it up a bit, but that was AFTER I edited and uploaded my pictures! (shhhhhhh!)  So, if you plan on making this card or something similar with a heavy font at the bottom, try placing it a bit higher and see if you like it better! (wink) I like the bright cheeriness of this card so hopefully it will brighten your day! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly!!! I LOVE the colors you've used & all the elements you've used just make this card B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! (Thanks for the tip!) ;) Have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

Connie said...

Love your awesome card Kelly!
I will have to add these products to my wish list.
Thanks for your wonderful inspiration.