Monday, December 27, 2021

Papertrey Ink {What Do I Do With This?}

Thanks for joining me today for the "What Do I Do With This?" feature for Papertrey Ink. I'm sharing a little bit of my process over on the Papertrey Ink blog, but decided to go a little bit more in-depth here! The product(s) that I'm using today is the Tim Holtz Distress Holiday Texture set. I ended up using both of the pastes on today's cards, which is something I don't think I would normally do. Because the grit paste is so subtle on this design, I felt like I could get away with using both!

You can see the beautiful crackling on the poinsettia leaves in this photo. Let me get started telling you how I created this Christmas design! To begin, I cut a 3 3/4 inch by 5 inch panel of white cardstock and stenciled some Vintage Jadeite ink using the Stencil Basics: Diamonds Stencil. I purposely didn't extend the pattern all the way to the edges, but rather focused on the middle and working my way outward. I also added the grit paste over the top and set the panel aside to dry.

I die cut enough pieces to create three poinsettias; one large, one medium, and one small, using the Into the Blooms: Poinsettia Dies. The large bloom uses all three sizes, the medium bloom uses 2 of the middle size and one small, and the small bloom uses 2 small pieces. I inked these up using Festive Berries and Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide ink making sure to leave a little bit of white space for realism.

I assembled each of the flowers using foam squares and liquid glue and then used a paintbrush to apply the Crackle paste. I set these aside to dry and allowed the crackle effect to emerge. The leaves and pine sprigs are inked using Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, and Pine Needles Distress Oxide inks.

While the background and flowers were drying, I got to work on the sentiment. I chose something large and a sentiment that has a coordinating die. I knew that I couldn't do anything direct-to-paper since I added the grit paste to the background. The Grand Christmas Sentiments stamp set is the perfect choice for this card! I also added another sentiment to reinforce the "JOY" theme, which is from the Season of Joy stamp set

Once everything was dry, I got to work putting it all together. I added the JOY to the bottom right corner using foam squares and then added the flowers and leaves using liquid glue and foam squares. The finishing touch is a bit of glitter and a bow from the Tag Creations: Modern Gift die. I mentioned over on the PTI blog that I kept each application of these products very minimal which allowed me to be able to use both on one design. I enjoyed making this card and experimenting with these fun products! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This card is beautiful. I like the effect of the crackle glue on the paper. Reading how it was used makes me want to try this out. Happy New Year!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! Happy New Year!