Monday, December 13, 2021

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Joy to the World}

I couldn't resist making a few more Christmas cards for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale...and you can probably bet that next week's will be Christmas, too! I promised a few weeks ago that I would try to avoid red and green, but I decided to switch it up a bit and go with my favorite vintage Christmas combo! I started with two panels of Mint Julep cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches. For the vertical layout, I heat embossed the fancy design using the Deco Notes stamp set on both sides of the panel, and just once for the horizontal layout.

I added some Vintage Jadeite and New Leaf ink around the edges of both panels using a blender brush. Once that was done, I set them aside to get to work on the letters and foliage.
I die cut 2 wreaths, 2 bows, and 2 sets of letters using the Season of Joy die set and then stamped them using the Season of Joy stamp set. I used the multiple step wreath images to give it a lot of color and detail. I stamped the darkest portion using Pinefeather ink and then the other portion using both Mint Julep and New Leaf ink. The berries are stamped in Scarlet Jewel and the tiny red flowers are stamped in Pure Poppy.

I happened to have two pineboughs stamped and ready to go from the Corner It: Festive Holiday stamp set so I added those to this vertical design as well. I heat embossed the "to the world, the Lord is come" portion using gold powder on a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock.

The Season of Joy stamp set is one of my all-time favorites, and partly because of the script-y "Tidings of" and the "Christmas" sentiments included in the set. They are that perfect vintage look that I love so much! I stamped it in Pinefeather ink at the top making certain that the wreath would tuck nicely between the loopy letters.

I added some tone-on-tone snowflakes around the perimeter of this design to add some extra detail. I added the heat embossed vellum strip and secured it on the back of the Mint panel. Both cards are adhered to a Pure Poppy card base using foam squares. Each card also got a sprinkling of glitter and a trio of Moonshine sequins. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly!!! ;)

Stephanie Clapper said...

Kelly, I love your design done in a vertical composition and the “greens “ just turned out gorgeous!