Monday, November 8, 2021

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Merry Christmas}

I hope you're all having a fabulous day! I spent the better half of last week/weekend stuck in bed sick, so it feels good to be here sharing a card, even if I'm not 100 % quite yet! It went from one child to the next and of course, I had to have my turn, too, right? ha ha! 3 came out unscathed and let's hope it stays that way! Fingers crossed!
I created my card for this week's Flash Sale using quite an assortment of some of my favorite products; lots of dies and cute stamps to pull this holiday design together!

I fell head-over-heels in love with the Abundant Blooms stamp set when it was released last year! I especially love the cute pitcher and the ease of use that it provides! I decided to stretch this stamp set a little bit further and see if I could work it into a holiday design, and sure enough, it works! 
To begin, I die cut the pitcher, the stems, and flower pieces using the Abundant Blooms dies and then used my mini MISTI to stamp everything. I used Soft Stone and Weathervane ink for the pitcher, keeping it light and rustic. The stems were stamped using Dark Chocolate ink and Pure Poppy and Scarlet Jewel ink for the flowers. I will explain about the greenery further down in the post, but I do want to mention that I added white paint splatter to both the greenery and flowers prior to gluing anything down.

The thing I love most about this stamp set, aside from the cute pitcher, is the way the flowers float perfectly on top of the stems to really create the illusion of a big, bold arrangement of flowers! The best part is how easy it is to put together!

Next, I die cut the snowflakes for the bottom using the On the Border: Splendid Snowflakes Border Die and set it aside until I was ready to assemble the card. I had mentally visualized all of the bits and bobs I wanted to add, so it was simply a matter of getting them all die cut, inked, stamped, and glued! ha ha!

The pine branches, tag and bow are all die cut using the Tag Creations: Modern Gift Die. I've kept this one close at hand over the last few weeks because all of the different pieces are so perfect for so many holiday cards and projects! The bow is die cut from Pure Poppy cardstock and then I added some Scarlet Jewel ink near the center and on the ends so that it would look more realistic. The tag is cut from Weathervane cardstock and stamped with the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Be Merry stamp set. This is another one of those go-to sets that I use all season long!

I die cut the oval using the Nesting Basics: Oval dies and the Nesting Basics: Pierced Ovals to add the cute detail around the perimeter. The last die cut piece is one of my favorite frames: the Border Bling: Skinny Embossed Frames. Once all of those pieces were prepared, I got to work assembling the card. I layered a piece of Bitty Big: Soft Stone pattern paper onto a top folding Soft Stone card base. I added the oval using foam squares, centering it in the middle. I then added the snowflake border, making certain to only glue the part that would be on the bottom edge so it could overlap the oval. I wanted to tuck the pitcher down under it so that the snowflake detail wouldn't be lost. The frame is adhered using 1/8 inch ScorTape for security. I added the pitcher with the flowers and then tucked in the greenery using liquid glue. I added the tag using a mini foam square and then hot glued the bow over the top for security. The finishing touches are tinsel glitter (of course) and a few Moonshine sequins. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Becky Green said...

This is REALLY PRETTY, Kelly! ;)<3

jan metcalf said...

Adore the colors, pop of gray on tag just sets everything off beautifully! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Beautiful card Kelly! I’m glad to hear you’re on the road to feeling better & your family stays well too! 😊

Kathy Dumpert said...

What a fun new years card!

Sharon said...

I love this card so much! I love how you used a non-holiday set to make a beautiful holiday card.