Monday, November 15, 2021

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Joy this Blessed Christmas Season}

It's Monday and that means it's time for a new Flash Sale from Papertrey Ink! If you saw my card last week, I went in the same direction by using  non-holiday stamps to create a holiday design! That being said, the Brighter Days Stamp Set is such a nice set for your get well, thinking of you, sympathy cards. You can see the card I made last year for the release of this set HERE. It's the second card in the post so you'll need to scroll down. I ended up giving that card to a family who all got COVID last year!

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I chose to use these beautiful branches and blooms to create a holiday wreath. To begin, I die cut 5 branches and 5 blooms, and one bow using the Brighter Days die collection. I used my mini MISTI to get the images stamped; I stamped two of the branches using Ripe Avocado ink and three in Pinefeather. The blooms are stamped using both Pure Poppy and Scarlet Jewel ink.

I used liquid glue to attach the blooms to the branches and set them aside to dry. I die cut the circle using the fabulous Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles and then layered the stamped images to form a wreath using foam squares for dimension. The letters are die cut using theSeason of Joy die set and then stamped in black ink using the Season of Joy stamp set. I layered them over the top of the wreath using additional foam squares.

I had an extra cardinal left over from this card so I decided he would look super cute perched on the wreath! I cut a panel of Pinefeather cardstock and added the heat embossed sentiment from the Season of Joy stamp set. The snowflakes are from the Splendid Snowflakes stamp set and are stamped using Fresh Snow ink. I added a trio of Moonshine sequins to the center of the three snowflakes that the centers are showing. I also added a touch of white ink to the corners of the panel for a frosty look.

I heat embossed the "sending" sentiment, which is also from the Brighter Days stamp set, onto a strip of vellum. I layered a piece of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy pattern paper over the Pinefeather panel and then glued the circle focal panel using liquid glue. I decided against foam squares, like I would normally do, because the wreath and letters are already so dimensional. I wrapped the vellum sentiment around the panel and secured in the back with tape. The entire panel is adhered to the top folding white card base using foam squares (yes, more dimension) ha ha!

I had an extra branch/bloom combo left over so I decided to gussy up the inside of my card, which is something I really enjoy doing for my holiday cards. They seem more finished and professional. I added more snowflakes stamped in Soft Stone ink. The main sentiment is from the Inside Greetings: Season's Greetings. I have had this one on my desk for a few months now so I can quickly stamp the inside of my Christmas cards. I also added the "sending" that I used on the front, but this time I stamped it in Scarlet Jewel for some interest with the sentiment.

The branch is glued on the side and then I added the bow using a mini foam square. I don't like to add too much dimension to the inside because I want the card to close! ha ha! I had a lot of fun putting this card together! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: