Thursday, May 20, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio {Bloom with Grace}


Hello friends! I spent some "just because" crafting time the other day to create this BLOOM card using the new Be Strong stamp set and coordinating Be Strong layering stencil set and die. This one is particularly fun because even though the stamp/stencil is one image, the die cuts out the individual flowers so you can try all kinds of different design ideas!

It's no secret how much I love to use alphabets on my cards and one of the ways that I like to incorporate them is by using one of the key words in a smaller sentiment that is included in the stamp set, like the word "BLOOM" in this particular sentiment. I die cut the letters using the Kelly alpha upper case die, twice for each letter and glued them together with liquid glue. I added some Slumber ink over the top for a hint of color.

I added the letters to a white panel measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches using small pieces of foam squares. Once that was done, I was ready to add the stamped/stenciled flowers. To create these flowers, I die cut the pieces first and then did the outline stamping. Once that was done, I was able to add the color using the coordinating stencils. I love watching them come to life as each layer of color is added!

I tucked the flowers into the empty white space using mini foam squares and then trimmed the sides using my guillotine paper cutter to square it up. I was able to use some of the discarded pieces to add to some of the smaller empty spaces.

The sentiment is heat embossed in white and layered over the top of some of the letters using black foam squares. The finishing touch is a few jewels in both purple and sapphire here and there. I added the entire panel to a top folding black card base to ground the design! I plan on using this as an unconventional graduation card that my daughter will be giving to one of her friends! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

No comments: