Thursday, May 13, 2021

Ink to Paper May Release Countdown Day 3

Three Cheers for the Red, White, and Blue! Welcome to day 3 of the Ink to Paper May release countdown! I'm sharing two cards with you today using some fun new patriotic products to celebrate our freedom and those fun summer holidays! We're lucky in Utah that we celebrate two holidays in July both using the American flag and red, white, and blue! I've packed a lot of product onto this first card, but I was just having so much fun I couldn't resist!

My goal as I set out to create this card was to make something "Nautical Americana". I also wanted to create weathered and vintage pieces to capture the look I was going for. To begin, I created a 4 1/4 by 11 inch panel using assorted Distress Oxide inks to get the weathered wood look. Once the panel was complete, I die cut the wood pieces using the Woodwork Die. I cut the rest of the panel to measure 4 1/4 by the length of the 5 boards. I layered the wood pieces onto the panel using liquid glue.

I used the fabulous new Love to Layer: American Flag Dies to create the flag piece. I die cut the pieces using white, Scarlet Jewel, and Enchanted Evening cardstock. I added some Fresh Snow ink and a blender brush to the red and blue portions and some brown ink to the white portions for that true Vintage Americana look. 

I don't think I could have been more pleased that I had the option to add the fabulous "Established" sentiment to the card using the previously released Just Sentiments: Established Mini stamp set. I die cut the numbers using the Numbers Die to create the year 1776 portion of the card. The "forever and always" is from the new Perfect Pair: Commodities stamp set that was showcased yesterday! I had a sailboat left over from the release last month that was the perfect accent for this card. It is from the Seas of Life stamp set. This is the boat I was talking about on Monday that would look so cute with the Message in a Bottle dies! I finished it off with one of the new seashells and a bit of white paint splatter!

My second and final card for today uses the new To Die For Sentiments: God Bless America. I went for a less "in your face patriotic" feel for today's card, but I just love how it turned out!

As you can see, I just can't seem to get enough of these blooms and used them to accent this summery card.

I love this bloom in particular because the colored pencil fits perfectly into the built in grooves of the petals so you can add additional pencil details effortlessly.

I die cut the "God Bless America" piece twice: once from textured gold cardstock and once from white and then glued them together to create a sturdier piece. I layered it across the frame that I created using the Border Bling: Twinkle die. I added the flowers and leaves around the frame here and there and then finished it off with another "forever and always" sentiment that has been heat embossed and some glitter!

This finishes up the countdown for day 3! Join me again tomorrow for the fourth and final day of the countdown with all products going on sale on the 15th at 10 PM ET. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Vickie R. said...

Your nautical Americana card is amazing! You blended all of those different products seamlessly! Love it! :)

Stephanie Clapper said...

Love your “ nautical Americana” card! Outstanding work!! 😊❤️

Susan Y said...

Love both of these card designs! Just beautiful!