Thursday, May 27, 2021

Papertrey Ink {I miss you, friend} The Great Cover-Up

I'm so in love with the new Into the Blooms II dies and I can't seem to stop using them! I thought creating a card using only white paper and ink would be a great idea for this week's installment of the Papertrey Ink feature "The Great Cover-Up"! There's something so magical about taking a plain piece of white cardstock and ink and transforming it into something bright and colorful!

To begin, I die cut quite a few of the flower pieces and colored them using Distress Oxide inks. I like to choose 3 colors for both the flowers and the leaves to give them more realism. I find creating these flowers to be very relaxing and just what my soul seems to crave!

I used the same colors of ink to color the On the Border: Floral Bliss background piece and then glued it to an A2 card base using liquid glue. Once that was done, I stamped the I Miss You portion of the sentiment using black ink. I die cut the friend portion using the Perfect Pairs: Commodities dies and then stamped it using the coordinating Perfect Pairs: Commodities stamp set. I strategically placed tiny bits of foam squares on the back to make the sentiment look like it's floating above the flowers!

From there, I adhered all of the flowers and leaves using foam squares! I added glitter and dew drops for some sparkle and shine! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the colors & just EVERYTHING about this! ;)<3

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤

Christy said...

Oooooo! I love this! Those bold blooms are so gorgeous and sumptuous! I can almost smell them! What a lovely card! A perfect little flutter through a beautiful flower garden!

Stephanie Clapper said...

The colors you used are some of my very favorite. I’m a “tropical “ girl at heart. Beautiful card! 😎