Saturday, June 29, 2019

Ink To Paper Saturday Showcase {Smile...it looks good on you}

Well friends, June has come to a close and what a whirlwind of a month it has been! This is the last Ink To Paper Saturday Showcase for the month and today a few of us are using the set called Frame It Out: Wishes that was part of the debut release for Ink To Paper. Today I am sharing 2 cards made with this fun set because the sentiments are so fun and versatile!


I've really been on a "make 2 cards at one time" kick lately, but it really is so easy to just make 2 while you have everything out. To begin these two cards, I first cut two 4 by 5 1/4 inch panels of Bitty Big: Harvest Gold pattern paper using the large striped side.  I also die cut two of the Geometrix: Hexagon Die and attached those to the striped panels using foam squares.

Once that was done, I stamped 4 of the large leaf images from the Frame It Out: Wishes stamp set in black and then colored them with an assortment of green alcohol markers. I used the coordinating Frame It Out: Wishes dies to die cut them and then added them to the top and bottom of the hexagon die cuts using mini foam squares.

There are a few different options for creating the large sentiments that are included in the stamp and die collection. For today's card, I chose to just stamp the "hello" and "smile" in black ink onto white cardstock and then use the large shadow die to cut it out. I heat embossed the "a note to say" and "it looks good on you" sentiments in white powder onto black sentiment strips. These are all added to the cards using foam squares as well.

I stamped a few additional flowers from the It's A Sign: Beautiful stamp set in Harvest Gold ink with some Summer Sunrise around the edges for contrast. I used the coordinating It's A Sign: Beautiful die collection to cut them out. I added them here and there with foam squares.

I also added some White Nuvo Drops here and there for some additional detail and this "hello" card also has  a few sparkling clear sequins for shine! I really had such a great time creating these two cards! Thanks for fluttering by!

12 comments:

Patti H. said...

Vert pretty! Love the sunny yellow & those beautiful big words look fabulous. Love the font!

Karen said...

Gorgeous cards!

~amy~ said...

These are gorgeous! I just love all that pretty yellow!

blaze said...

Adorable, Kelly!!! Love the yellow and that pop of black. I'm loving stripes lately, too, thanks to you!

Helen said...

Like the cheerful yellows of this card, Kelly. The layering and florals are lovely settings for these sentiments. tfs

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Helen! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You always leave such sweet comments!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Amy! You're a dear!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Karen!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Patti ! You're so sweet!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I’m just stopping by to say Hello and to catch up on your blog.Your design is beautiful! I’ve always been challenged when working with bold pp because it overwhelms my design, but yours is stunning. So summery too. I’m sorry I don’t stop as often as I used to but I’ll always “flutter by” because I love your work and your wonderful blog. You’re a very special lady & artist. Hope you had a great weekend. 😊

Nicole Parmentier said...

Love these bright and summery yellow cards!!