Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Ink To Paper Transformation Tuesday

Hello and welcome to this week's Ink To Paper Transformation Tuesday! I decided to transform one of the cards I shared last week! Framing Florals is one of my favorite stamp sets from the new release! I love the earthy feel that I created on my original card, but I couldn't help but imagine the card bursting with colorful flowers! I switched the sentiment, heat embossed the frame, and colored all of the line art images using Copic markers. I really like the transformation!

You can view my "old" design below; funny since I just made it recently! LOL! Anyway, as I mentioned before,I just really wanted to add some colorful flowers to the design!


Here is my "old" card...it is still one of my favorites from the release!

To start off this new design, I heat embossed the frame image using gold powder and then die cut it with the Framing Florals Die collection.Once that was done, I stamped the "hello" sentiment in black. 

I used my mini MISTI to stamp ALL  of the flowers and leaves at one time. I repeated this 4 times to ensure I would have enough to create the fullness and depth I was hoping for. I stamped them in black and then colored them with Copic markers. Now, please note, that the stamp set DOES come with solid images that you can fill in the line art images easily. I was just really in the mood to color, so that is why I chose to do what I did.

Once they were all colored, I die cut them and set them aside. I used the Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangles dies to add the detail around the New Leaf cardstock panel. I also heat embossed the "a note to say" sentiment, which is from the Frame It Out: Wishes stamp set, in gold and added it underneath the "hello"sentiment.

At this point,I was able to get started arranging the foliage. I started with the two rounded leaf clusters at the top and bottom and then began adding them in a symmetrical way, which is different than how I normally add them. I did keep things visually balanced by changing things up here and there until I liked the way they looked. I opted to not add the white Nuvo drops like I did on my original design, but added some sparkling clear sequins instead. I had a lot of fun creating this "transformed" design! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

christalmclean said...

Your transformation is a winner in my thinking! Really pops with the landscape style and bright green sumnmery background! Love this one!

jan metcalf said...

Love that green background, my daughter just painted her entertaining room this retro green!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love your layering and framing of the sentiment with your lovely flowers and leaves