Thursday, June 27, 2019

Inspired By...Barbeque Party {Well Done! Grill Master}

It's Thursday and that means it's time for a brand-new Inspired By Challenge! This week's theme is "Barbeque Party" and it couldn't have come at a better time! I was the cook at my daughter's youth camp, which was a lot of hard work, but I had a couple of "grill masters" helping me out for two of the breakfasts, which totally saved my bacon {pun 100% intended}! I wanted to give them each a thank you note and gift, so I took the opportunity to get their cards done!

I was inspired by the traditional red gingham check napkins, the rustic blue wood and the bright, stark white of the cutlery I also really like the rope handles, but just decided  to add some jute button twine to my photos instead! LOL!

I made two identical cards, except for their pants and shirts because I grabbed the wrong markers! ha ha! To begin, I cut two 4 by 5 1/4 inch pieces of red houndstooth paper since I didn't have any gingham. I used my mini MISTI to stamp the two sentiments using black ink.  I used the Card Front Element Builder SugarCuts to create the white base for the stamped images. 

I was thrilled to find a scrap of the blue wood pattern paper to use at the top of the card. I layered the white piece over the top and then sewed it using a zig zag stitch. The images are from the new Grill Master stamp set and I stamped them in black and then colored them with Copic markers. Once that was done, I die cut them using the coordinating Grill Master SugarCuts and added them to the white panel using foam squares. 

The entire focal panel is added to the cardbase using foam squares. I wanted to add some Nuvo drops or sequins, but just couldn't do it since these are going to men. LOL! I hope they like their cards and they feel appreciated. I will try and find some masculine type gifts like beef jerky and such to give as a gift! I hope you get a chance to join us this week! I hope to see your "Barbecutie" card in the gallery! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: