Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Mix it Up Challenge #48-It's your Birthday!

It's always a good day when I am getting my SugarPea Designs stamps inky! This month's challenge is so bright, fun, and inspiring! I hope you get a chance to play along! I have included all of the details below! To be perfectly honest, I probably would have used the amazing Cuddly Cacti set regardless of what the challenge was! LOL! I haven't had a chance to play with it since the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember event! You can see the two projects I made with it HERE. I didn't have the die cuts for those projects, but I ended up buying them so I could use them in the future!

As you can see, I didn't use the sketch provided, but opted to just use the photo inspiration side as the one I picked to use on today's card! I thought a long card would work nicely so that I could use many of the adorable images from the set that I have fallen in love with! To begin, I stamped and colored all of the images I was going to use and then die cut them.

 I added some Crystal Glaze to a few of the pots to give them that glazed ceramic look. I also did some color spritzing to the  glazed pots to give them that little extra details that glazed ceramic pots get from the variation in the glazing process.  I also heat embossed the "It's your birthday sentiment" onto a strip of black cardstock using white powder. I used shimmer spray so that is why it looks so speckled. It is really tough to photograph anything made with shimmer spray, but in real life, it is amazing! 
I did some rainbow ink blending onto a piece of Bristol paper using an assortment of Distress Oxide inks. I tried to use the ones that matched the inspiration photo as closely as possible. I used the ZIg Zag Stitched circles to die cut the individual circles from the blended piece. I also did a long strip of ink blending to add the corrugated piece at the bottom. It is becoming one of the those details that I am really liking to add to my designs, so watch out! LOL!I tried it on THIS card the other day and LOVED it!  Each pot is attached to the circles using foam squares. I also added a few rainbow gems from Lucy's Cards for some added sparkle and detail. I hope you get a chance to play along this month! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: