Saturday, October 20, 2018

The Farmer's Market

I love this time of year, when the fruit stands are bursting with their delicious Autumn harvest! There's nothing better than orchard peaches, apples, and more! I created these apple gifts for my boys' teachers, librarian, and administration. I've made these particular sacks with caramel dip and apples before, but this year I was so excited to use the Market Street Make it Market Kit! This is one of those kits that I just HAD to have, but only used it once and I never got around to pulling it out again. One of the main reasons why I wanted it, was because of the pumpkins! I was so excited to use them this year! I have a few fun projects to share with you today!

As I mentioned, this is one of those gift ideas that I just recycle each year because it is so easy, seasonal, and most people can eat it. I picked up some fun flannel ribbon in the Christmas craft section at Hobby Lobby and thought that it would be great for these apple gifts as well. I used my MISTI for all of the stamping, which made these gift tags a breeze!


 Of course the kit has everything you will need to create these tags. There is also an awning that you can add to this particular cart, which I show further down in the post. I love how this big, grey buffalo plaid bow looks with the tag as well.

I decided to make some quick, additional gifts for the preschool teachers and speech teacher. I used the pre-printed papers that are included in the kit to whip up these pumpkin carts lickety split! I created the little boxes with just the base from the 3D cart that is in the kit as well. I made full carts further down that you can see.

I was thinking how cute it would be to have some of the Mallow Pumpkins in the back of the Dashing through the Snow Pickup back when I made THESE gifts. My sister told me that they sell sugary, orange flavored gum drop type pumpkins, so I opted for those instead.  I decided they would be so cute inside of these little pumpkin boxes. Those mallow pumpkins are cute, but taste wise, gross!I might still get around to making some pumpkin pick ups!

After I had made the apple tags and small pumpkin boxes, I was REALLY in the mood to make some full size pumpkin carts. As I mentioned earlier, I used the Market Street Make it Market kit to craete all of these projects. I decided to take the kit with me to Kansas and get started on these while I was there. I got a lot done, but realized that I didn't bring enough cardstock to finish since I wanted the outer portion of the cart to be 3 layers thick to hold the pumpkins....sooo...I just finished them! Ha Ha! I did get a good start on all of the stamping, though!

I put the same jelly pumpkins in these carts and tied them up with leaf trim that I got for THIS PROJECT. I was just going to use ribbon, but I was so happy that I remembered I had it, because it looks so cute trailing down from the cart!


I also made a trio of tags or carts that I can use on some card fronts. I made these in Kansas because I had time and they are just so cute! I used the awning on these ones as I mentioned earlier.  I had a lot of fun putting these together, even though it's been almost a month! LOL! I've been having such a fun time doing all kinds of Halloween projects that I will be sharing in the next day or two, so stay tuned! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Cindy H. said...

What a beautiful treat containers!