Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Witch way to the Candy?

Well friends, this card ends the 2018 Halloween crafting season! This will be my last Halloween card of the year! I'm over on the SugarPea Designs Blog sharing this card for today's Design Team Feature! I used some of this year's favorites on today's design!

I'm definitely a sentimental girl, and by that, I mean I LOVE a perfectly designed sentiment! LOL! This particular sentiment is one of my favorites included in the Bewitched stamp set that was released this year and is what I designed my entire card around.

Because I didn't use any actual "candy" images, I got creative with my Distress Oxide blended background. I knew how easy it would be to create a candy corn striped background using some washi tape for masking! It turned out exactly like I had hoped! 

I used the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles to die cut a piece of Bristol paper and then did the ink blending. I heat embossed the sentiment in silver onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the panel and secured it using scotch tape.

I used the Hocus Pocus SugarCuts for all of the cute witch accessories on the card. These are my favorites of the year, and probably will become some of my all-time favorites, if I'm being perfectly honest!=] I used the Card Front Element Builders SugarCuts for the stitched edge around the card base and then added a piece of Black Polka Dot paper on top. The entire focal panel is added to the card using foam squares for some dimension. I had a lot of fun on this card!
Here's a little peek at the inside! I already had this cutie from the Darling Dragons stamp set cut and colored so I added it to the inside! 
I hope you all have a fun and. safe Halloween! Thanks for fluttering by!


No comments: