Thursday, October 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas-Winter friends warm my Heart!


 It's that time again...it's the 25th and that can only mean one thing! The Keeping Christmas Blog Hop! Can you believe Christmas is in TWO months? Crazy! After doing a quick inventory a few weeks ago, I have determined that I am MORE than ready in the handmade card/gift packaging department! I have had so much fun this year! Each project has definitely been made with love and I should be able to give something to EVERYONE {and then some} on my list!
I still have tags to make, but I purposely didn't make many this year so that I can participate in Tracey McNeely's 25 days of Tags event that is coming up in a few short days! Last year was my first year participating and I had so much fun! Anyway...before I post the list of designers on the hop, I want to introduce my special guest that will be joining us this month. Her project is AMAZING and I know that you will fall in love! So..without further adieu, I am pleased to present Nancy Guse! And...of course the rest of the amazing team:
 Kelly Lunceford (you are here)


There's a saying that goes something like this "You can't teach an old dog new tricks", but there's also one that says "If it ain't broke don't fix it" LOL! Today I am sharing one of my go-to Christmas gifts and that is my Handmade Hand Warmers. I usually whip up dozens of these each Christmas to give as gifts to family and friends. As I was digging in my Halloween fabric stash, I came across some left over snowflake fabric from an earlier batch and decided to make a quick set. I do have plans to make more, but that is for another project coming up {wink, wink}. 



As soon as I clapped eyes on the new Warmer Together stamp set, I knew it would be the perfect thing for handwarmer packaging! I also paired these little cuties with the new Shape Shifter Square 3 die. While I realize that the shape shifter is on the woodsy side and the penguins are on the arctic side, I just couldn't resist! LOL! It is the perfect size as a topper for the handmade box I made for the hand warmers. The base of the box is Aqua Mist and the top is Ocean Tides. I die cut the shape shifer from Kraft and frosted the edges with Fresh Snow ink. You can find all of these products at Papertrey Ink


I added some Tinsel Glitter from Martha Stewart Crafts around the edges of the shape shifter and a strip on the bottom for the penguins to stand on. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and it is flannel. It does have a wire, but I removed it for today's box. I love how it ties in the cozy vibe as well as tying in the red of the heart. I added some crystal glaze to the feet, beaks, and heart for some added shine and detail. I just love little details like that! This was a super quick and easy gift, but like I said, stay tuned for additional "hand warmer" projects in the near future! Thanks for fluttering by!



6 comments:

Nancy G said...

Kelly your penguins are SO adorable! Your packaging of your handwarmers are the icing on the cake, so yummy!

Kim Heggins said...

your penguins are so beautiful and they look so wonderful on your sweet gift box! Just love all the soft sweet colors.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word, those penguins are ADORABLE. Such perfect packaging!

Lisa Petrella said...

Your packaging is totally adorable and so perfect for your handmade hand warmers!!!

Broni said...

Those little penguins are fantastic and the frame die cut is just perfect to top your gift box! I love the idea of hand-made hand warmers! Do you have a favorite pattern?

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I'm sorry I haven't been by lately, I'm past not feeling well and working on my Christmas cards. I was so excited to see your woodsy-artic penguins! Lol. Your design is so warm & festive (and perfect!)! While I live in Florida, many of my family members live in the NE, so I thank you for sharing your hand warmers. You're a wonderful artist and so generous! Thanks again Kelly & Have a great day!! :)