Monday, January 5, 2009

To You from Me


I really should be cleaning up my stamp area...you would all die if you could see it! LOL! Once I got the desk cleaned off it looked like it needed to be messed up again so I decided to make a card using Jen's weekend sketch. They are always fab, but I must admit that I really struggled with this one and I am not sure I quite like the finished card. There is something *off* about it. Oh well! I decided to head into the other room where I store all of my retired stamps and I stumbled across "Natural Beauty". I thought the main floral image would work well on this layout, so I went with it. I also paired it with some More Mustard prints pattern dsp. I colored the images with a blender pen and re-inkers. I added some diamond stickles to the flowers and butterflies, tied a knot of diamond stickles and called it good! Thanks for fluttering by!

Supplies: Natural Beauty and Best Yet stamp sets

Ink: Always Artichoke, More Mustard, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Palette Noir, Vintage Photo distress ink

Paper: White, More Mustard prints dsp, always artichoke

Accessories: circle punches, white taffeta ribbon, diamond stickles, foam squares, sponge

11 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

I hope you have grown to like it, because it really is beautiful!! Great colors!!

Steph said...

Ooo, Kelly, this is beautiful! The butterflies look so real....i love it :)

Giovana said...

So pretty!!!

Nancy Riley said...

There's nothing off about it at all! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Alberta said...

First thought...absolutely gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Love this card as well Kelly :) We actually have that stamp set and I have been thinking about getting it. I think you have convinced me. Love the colours and the vintage feel to it.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW, a perfect artwork, absolutly admirable.
Hugs,
Anja from germany

Dawn Easton said...

This is absolutely beautiful Kelly! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! Love the butterflies!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, I just LOVE this Kelly...the color the warmth and the contrast between the panels is beautiful.

Thanks for adding my to you blog list too :) Very kind!

Tanya said...

This is fabulous!!! i LOVE the butterflies and the colors and everything! Jen's sketch has stumped me for the time being, but I LOVE what you did!