Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Season of Friendship



I was bound and determined to use this set and make it work. I have tried countless times to use this set with the tree base and the snowflake, but it never looked right. I decided to give it another try but this time using the leaves and the flowers. Things went much smoother this time. I used the Color Challenge over at SCS for a starting point. The colors are perfect for this card. I took some inspiration from Dawn's card she sent me (see yesterday's post). I used the multi colored sentiment and button on the side. I love her card. I have it sitting right here. I also poppped up the flowers with dimensionals. I stamped most of the flowers with regal rose and some were stamped off with regal rose and then rolled in bravo burgundy. I added chunky sprinkles to the center of each flower for some sparkle. I decided that since this was a springy card, the bird really needed a nest. I created the nest by cutting Kraft cardstock strips super thin with my big SU! paper trimmer. I tied them in a knot and then knotted it again. I trimmed the ends and then applied it to the tree with a glue dot. I paper pierced the bottom with my mat pack and paper piercer. I had fun making this card! Thanks for fluttering by!




Stamps: Season of Friendship
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip Craft
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose, White, Kraft
Accessories: Slit Punch, Regal Rose brad, Kiwi Kiss button, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, linen thread, chunky sprinkles glitter, liquid glue

23 comments:

Steph said...

This is lovely, Kelly...i love how you made the little nest!! The tree looks sweet with the flowers on it too...nice one :)

~Lori Roop said...

I had to flutter over here and tell you how darling this is!! Love the nest and flowers on the tree!!

Also, I've tagged you.... You can get the deets from my blog (if you want to play along).

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love the images and the nest! Very creative. TFS!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This card is amazing! Love the layout, the color combo and especially the NEST!!! What a great idea....one that will be CASED over and over again, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Ah, how sweet! This card makes my heart sing for spring! Love the 3-d look to this card and the nest is just so creative and looks fab!!!! Love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

This is by far the most beautiful card I've seen created with this set! I wish I had half of your talent! ;)

Amy Rohl said...

Kelly, the nest is ingenious and adorable! The colors are so fresh and yummy and I for one would have loved to see your tree and snowflakes--I'm sure they were brilliant as well!

Hugs,
Amy

Tara said...

what a CUTE idea to make a nest for the bird!!! I love it! :)
super darling!

Claire said...

Just awesome Kelly. I so love your cards. Sorry to sound like a broken record .....

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous with promises of spring...thanks! Love the nest idea and am CASEing the idea for sure!!

Starla said...

This is sooo cute!! I love the little nest too!

ChristineCreations said...

Well you've achieved a beautiful look with it Kelly. The next and the bird totally make it for me...I'm a sucker for birds too :)

Dawn Easton said...

Ha! You took inspiration from something I made?! Holy cow...now I'm SUPER excited! YOU...are one of MY stamping idols!

LOVE that nest idea...will need to try that! It's a wonderful element that I've always overlooked with this set.

The flowers popped up are awesome too!

Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us!

Juanita said...

I was just revisitng this card and noticed the nest, how did I miss that the first time? What a fabulous idea. You are paper genius!

Nancy Riley said...

Kelly, YOU are amazing! That nest is sooooo creative, and just plain brilliant!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous and the nest is GENIUS!!

Christina Hill said...

Another gorgeous card. You never cease to amaze.

Jenny Gropp said...

Love, Love, Love that little nest-- too clever!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That little nest was so clever... Love the overall look of your card, too!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

OMG, I just noticed the nest! Love this card!

Karen Giron said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous and the bird nest is too perfect! Very stunning card - thanks for sharing!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Love it, love it, love it. Perfect use of this set. You got game, sistah!

Laura Pryor said...

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite stampers. You take sets that everone has and make these "think outside the box" creations that are continually beautiful. For example, the bird's nest on this card!....A fabulous idea that begged to be done with that stamp, but who would of "thunk" it! I am so enjoying following your blog. Laura P