Friday, January 2, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...



I was so excited to see that today's Limited Supplies Challenge was to use some of our Favorite Things!!! It comes as no surprise for those of you who visit my blog often that I chose to use "Gentler Times". It seems to make an appearance more than any other set. I also love making Vintage Creations so that is where I wanted to take my design today.


I started out by creating my focal piece by cutting out the Label 2 die from Nestabilities and embossing it with my cuttlebug. I then stamped the floral image with Palette Noir Ink and colored it with re-inkers and a *brand spanking new* blender pen...another one of my favorite things. I sponged the edges of all paper with Vintage Photo distress ink. Of course my design wouldn't be complete without some luscious ribbon, buttons and glitter! I had a lot of fun with this one!

Supplies:

Stamp Sets: Gentler Times, All Holidays

Ink: Vintage Photo, Assorted Ink refills, Palette Noir

Paper: PTI white, Teresa Collins Pattern Paper

Accessories: Buttons, Linen Thread, Satin Ribbon, Crystal Coarse Glitter by Martha Stewart, Apricot Glass Glitter

6 comments:

Amy said...

this is a stunning card

ChristineCreations said...

Kelly, you use this set SO well, and I love the black and white paired here too. Stunning!

malissa32 said...

WOW! this is gorgeous! love the patterned paper and the buttons. thanks for sharing your talent. have a happy day!

Jessie/knightrone said...

GOOD GRIEF!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is delish! I wouldn't have thought it would go with that DP but it works perfectly!
LeAnne

Norine said...

just beautiful
Hugs
Norine