Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rock-a-Bye Baby Sketch Challenge


Thank you for all of your well wishes concerning my back. It is feeling much better today, although it is not quite 100% yet. You are sweet!

I recieved my Sale-a-bration goodies yesterday, so I thought I would use some of the new designer series paper "Delicate Dots" and the 5/8 inch Saffron ribbon. I think it is saffron, anyway! LOL! I thought that my friend might need a few baby cards for her stash, so I started out with this one. Although it is on the boy side, I think it could also be gender neutral as well. I can't wait to play around with this paper some more. It has some fun possibilities. I especially like one of the pattens with the hearts.
I also recieved my new labels 1 dies from spellbinders. I ordered them ages ago and I finally called them to see what was up. They said they were out of stock, but then these magically appeared on my doorstep a day or two later. Hmmmm..... ! I had really wanted to use them for Christmas projects but they never came. Oh well...many more holidays and many more projects! LOL! I decided to double mat the labels, one with the focal image and one with Sahara Sand that had been embossed with the swiss dots embossing folder and my cuttlebug. I thought it went nicely with the dots of the paper.





I followed today's sketch challenge over at SCS...one of my favorite challenges of the week. The original sketch called for two large stars on either corner, but my design felt too heavy, so I opted for on star and a knot of ribbon to replace the other star. I like how it came out much better when I removed the 2nd star. Also, I didnt' stamp the sailboat onto the focal piece, I stamped it three different times onto Ultrasmooth cardstock and then cut each piece out so that I could pop it up with dimensionals. The only image that was stamped directly onto the focal piece was the Sahara Sand flag. I only inked up the flag and then stamped it, that way I would have a reference for where the other pieces needed to go for proper alignment. Thanks for fluttering by!
Supplies: Nursery Necessities Stamp Set
Ink: Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Paper: PTI White, Ultrasmooth White, Sahara Sand, Delicate Dots DSP
Accessories: SU! Button, Saffron 5/8 inch ribbon, foam squares and dimensionals, mini library clip, labels 1 die from Nestabilities, Cuttlebug and Swiss Dot Embossing Folder

15 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

I think I used the same word in the comment over at SCS, but it truly is FRESH!!!! Great picks all around!

Kristin Moore said...

Ooh, love it! The colors are great. Love the star too and the knot for the other one in the sketch! A great baby card!!

Unknown said...

This is so fresh and sweet! Love, love it!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I LOVE this Kelly!! So pretty!! Love that new dp!! You rocked the sketch!

Dawn G. said...

Wow!!! You should be happy with your results :)

ChristineCreations said...

This is wonderfully fabulous Kelly...all the pattern and the fresh color. Perfect for the sailboat.

Bethany Paull said...

Looks like you're making good use of those label dies now, anyway. This is rockin'.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute..I am so happy your back is feeling better!! I am trying to work up an idea for that sketch...but my brain is failing me, LOL!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love the colours!! This is such a fun card!! Glad to hear you are starting to feel better.

Juanita said...

Wow. What a great card.

Mandi said...

I've never popped over onto your blog before but it is FANTASTIC! I wil beback lol FAB cards...all of them! Hugs mandi xx

Tanya said...

This is great! a perfect baby card!

Anonymous said...

Super adorable, Kelly! Sweet and perfect in every way. Love the layout, papers and colors! I just got these Nesties today, too!

Tara said...

I love this card!! That paper is so great!! Can't wait to get some! :)

Amy Rohl said...

You have worked your magic once again with this set...I absolutely adore the colors, paper, all the layers and the embellishments--wowza!