Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fishing for Wishes!



As many of you know, I have been in the process of rearranging my stamp area. In the process, I unburried my basket of acrylic stamps that holds my CTMH, My Favorite Things, The Cat's Pajamas, The Paper Salon, etc. It has had a bunch of stuff on top of it for quite some time now, so now that it is uncovered, I decided to pull out some of my fun winter images from The Cat's Pajamas. I think Amy (rohla) may have had something to do with it, too! She has made a few darling creations with them recently. I think this image is supposed to be used for Christmas, but I decided to change it up a bit and use it for a Winter Birthday. I love this paper from My Mind's Eye. I got a huge slab of it on clearance at Hobby Lobby. Now, while I love the texture and weight of the original pieces, I have to admit that I love having *so much* on hand. LOL!




I don't know the name of the set that I used *sorry*! I can't seem to find it on the packaging anywhere. I stamped everything with Palette Noir ink and colored with prismacolor and copic markers. I decided to cut out a few packages and pop them up for some dimension. I added crystal stickles to the images and around the card. I love the icy feel it gives the card. I usually use diamond stickles, but this card seemed to call for crystal. I love how it makes all of the colors pop. I also used "Wow Flowers" by SU!. I thought the circle image worked well with the paper. Thanks for fluttering by!
Supplies: Wow Flowers stamp set, The Cat's Pajamas stamp set (title unknown)
Paper: PTI White, Kraft, My Mind's Eye pattern paper
Ink: Palette Noir, Vintage Photo distress ink by Ranger, Copic and Prismacolor markers
Accessories: 1 1/4 inch and 1 3/8 inch circle punches, vintage brads, foam squares, scissors, pink taffeta ribbon, crystal stickles, sponge, corner rounder

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute card. Love that!

Amy Rohl said...

LOL, Kell! Great minds think alike I guess, he he!

Ok, so I just love the layout, the papers, the open stack of gifts with a few popped up and the kraft base--love love love this one!

Amy Rohl said...

Ooops, looked again, not a kraft base...but I love the kraft layer! Ü

ChristineCreations said...

Just an awesome layout and your work majic with the colors!

Erika H. said...

What a fun birthday card...I love that polar bear image...sweet!

Sharon in NE said...

Great TCP card!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!!! I love that paper and those images are too cute!!