Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Color Challenge

I decided to make a 2nd card! I love these colors!


My son is officially back in school as of today. It was weird sending him out the door after a month of no school. I think he is ready to go back; there is nothing quite like recess and friends, especially to a 2nd grader. So...I decided to spend some time this morning making a quick card for today's color challenge over at SCS. I love these colors together. The colors are Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Basic Black. I used Carte Postale which is one of my favorites, but doesn't get used very much. I also added some Syled Silver HodgePodge Hardware to add a little elegance. I have actually been using a ton of it! No hoarding anymore, baby! LOL!

9 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card, I wasn't to sure about the colors when I saw the challenge, but now I will give it a go. Enjoy your alone time :)

Arcticstamper said...

Wow! I love your site! These are beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing. I live in Alaska up on the North Slope, and love reading about other people's talent!

-Darleia

Anonymous said...

Stunning use of the colors!!

Nancy Riley said...

Kelly, both of these cards are beautiful! Great job with the color challenge! Good for you using up that hodgepodge hardware!

Bethany Paull said...

Beautiful. You probably don't even know that I stop by. But I recently found your blog and love it. I just gave you an award on my blog. Feel free to play along, only if you'd like.
http://bethanypaull.blogspot.com/2008/04/arte-y-pico.html

GreatSwaps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin Moore said...

These are gorgeous Kelly! You have made those colors stunning together! Love how you used the vellum too, and don't you just love the Silver Hodgepodge? My favorite collection!

PS- you are so right about recess and 2nd grade boys. Everyday when I ask my DS (2nd grade also) all I hear about is the details of either the kickball or dodgeball game! :)

Kristin Moore said...

Sorry, I'm the one that deleted the comment earlier- I was logged in as another blog's administrator...

Anonymous said...

I really like how your card turned out. I had the hardest time using this set back when I still owned it. I think it's a beautiful set, I just never knew what to do with it.

Cindy