Saturday, July 25, 2026

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 2

Hello and welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink July release countdown! Today the team is showcasing the new Quilt It: Wedding Ring Stamp/Die/Stencil and a new set called Meadow View.

This card was a lot of fun to create; let me dive into the details! First, I stamped the quilt design using the Quilt It: Wedding Ring Stamp Set in Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink. Once that was done, I cut it using the Quilt It: Wedding Ring Die. 

Next, I used the coordinating stencils to add the color and pattern. There are a variety of different options to create a truly unique pattern.
Once the stenciling was complete, I used the sandwich suggested with my machine to do dry embossing with a die. I wanted to really give this a quilted look and this technique really helped me to achieve it.

Once the "quilt" was finished, I set it aside and got to work on the background, frame, and floral details. The frame is cut from a beautiful new color that is being introduced this month: Coastal Blue! I'm obsessed! I used the Border Bling: Scalloped Frame Die and glued it to a top-folding A2 card base using liquid glue. I die cut a panel of Berry Sorbet cardstock with the Rounded Rectangles: Pierced Die. I glued it inside the frame with foam squares for dimension.

I turned the quilt on the diagonal and mounted it with additional foam squares. The flowers are cut with the Into the Blooms: Mixed Bouquet Die; you'll notice the blue flower is shaded with the new Coastal Blue ink. I finished it up with a thoughtful sentiment included in the Inspired Expressions Stamp set.

My next card features the new Meadow Vies Stamp/Die set paired with the new This is Big Sentiments: You Stamp/Die set that was showcased yesterday along with the new Love to Layer: Sweet Scallops Die.

And yes....more Coastal Blue! Move aside Aqua Mist, there's a new contender in town! ha ha!

To begin, I foiled the background panel using the Fresh Greens Hot Foil Plate with champagne foil. I cut the largest mat from the Love to Layer: Sweet Scallops Die and then added some interest using the Watercolor Wonderful Stencil Collection.

I cut each of the three trees and stamped them in Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, and Coastal Blue. I added them with foam squares and then added the heat embossed sentiments! Join me tomorrow for day 3 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: