Friday, July 24, 2026

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 1

It's day one of the Papertrey Ink July release countdown! My first card for today features quite a few new products: This is Big Sentiments: You, Rooted in Love Press Plate and Frame, Love to Layer: Sweet Scallops, and Build-a-Flower Garden Die!

To begin, I foiled the heart/leaf design at the top of a Hawaiian Shores panel. I die cut the Rooted in Love Frame three times from Hawaiian Shores cardstock and then glued them together. Once they were stacked, I glued the frame onto the Hawaiian Shores panel. I trimmed it down to measure 4 by 5 1/4 inches.

I die cut the middle sized mat from the Love to Layer: Sweet Scallops from white cardstock and then layered the cut flowers from the Build-a-Flower Garden.

The main "YOU" sentiment is stamped in black and then I heat embossed the companion sentiment in white onto a strip of Raspberry Fizz cardstock. The Hawaiian Shores panel is layered onto an A2 panel of Raspberry Fizz cardstock with foam squares and then I mounted onto an A2 card base using liquid glue.
My next project features the In Stitches: Hearts Die paired with the Build-a-Flower Garden Die cut from felt.

This heart is cut from Blueberry Sky felt and stitched with coordinating DMC floss. I stuffed both hearts with polyfiberfill and then glued the flowers on.



This heart is cut from Winter Wisteria Felt and stitched with coordinating DMC floss (3 strands).

I love how whimsical these cute flowers are!

There are quite a few different sized hearts included in the die set; these are the two largest hearts included in the set. Join me again tomorrow for day two of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!


 

No comments: