Sunday, July 26, 2026

Papertrey Ink July Release Countdown Day 3

It's day 3 of the July release countdown for Papertrey Ink! I have two projects to share with you today using some gorgeous new products! My first card features the beautiful new Freshly Picked Die set along with the previously showcased Love to Layer: Sweet Scallops Die.

To begin, I foiled a panel of Coastal Blue cardstock using the Regal Flourish Frame Hot Foil  Plate with silver foil. I trimmed it down just slightly larger than the foiled design and then added some silver metallic ink around the edges with the direct-t0-paper technique.

I layered the middle sized mat included in the Love to Layer: Sweet Scallop Die using foam squares. I cut and colored all of the flowers and foliage included in the Freshly Picked Die set. I arranged them on the mat using foam squares and liquid glue.

I forgot to mention, but I did spritz them with Hickory Smoke Distress Spritz before I added them to the card.

The sentiment is heat embossed in silver using the Just Sentiments: Friendship Mini Stamp Set and then cut it using the Just Tags Die. I added it under the flower arrangement using foam squares. I layered the foiled panel on an A2 panel of Mint Julep cardstock (same ink around the edges) and then glued it to a top-folding A2 card base using liquid glue.

My next card features this month's Reflections stamp/die set. To begin, I used the beautiful new Leaf Garden Stencil Collection. I only used the first step, but added some ink splatter in two colors of green ink before I removed the stencil.

I cut the panel using the Reflections: Matthew 6 Die, keeping both pieces. I mounted the outer portion onto a top-folding A2 white card base using liquid glue. The middle portion is adhered using foam squares. 

I cut another mat from the smaller die from New Leaf cardstock and then added it with foam squares. The scripture verse is heat embossed in gold embossing powder and then cut with the outline die. I layered that slightly below the center of the green piece to show off the detail at the top.

I cut the flowers from white cardstock using the Into the Blooms: Mixed Bouquet and then colored them with dye ink and blender brushes. I glued them together with liquid glue and small foam squares and then arranged them around the focal points.

I added a trio of sparkling clear sequins for additional sparkle and shine! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. Join me tomorrow for the 4th and final day of the countdown!

 

No comments: