Saturday, August 24, 2024

Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink August release countdown! I have two projects to share with you today using some FABULOUS new products! Up first is my card using the new Sweet as Pie dies....I can't wait to make all kinds of pie cards throughout the year!

This die set comes with everything you need to make any type of pie you can think of! I went with a pumpkin pie, just fitting for the upcoming season! I did take some creative liberties with my pie, but that's the great thing about creating with paper....anything goes! ha ha!

For the background, I used the new Fall Harvest Hot Foil Plate (once again sneaking it in early) with gold foil on a canyon clay background panel. Before I did the foiling, I added some terracotta tile ink around the four corners.

I thought this sentiment, which is from the Thankful for Fall Sentiments, was perfect for this pie card! I stamped it on an Love to Layer: Arches panel that was die cut from a piece of gingham pattern paper. It's from a Recollections Christmas Spice paper pad that I've had for a few years!

I stamped the sentiment using Ripe Avocado ink, added the pie and then some foliage die cut using Into the Blooms: Christmas Sprigs dies and colored using ink pads and blender brushes. I layered it all up around the pie using both liquid glue and foam squares. I had quite a bit of fun with those two sprigs of berries using ink, alcohol markers, and a white gel pen. I added a generous dusting of glitter for some sugary sweetness!
My next card features the new Cornered: Sunflower die and the new Reflections: August stamp set and die!

I really like this particular scripture. I heat embossed it in detail white onto a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock and then cut it out using the largest die in the Reflections: August die set.

I had a bit of fun with the size of this card; I wanted to be able to use the Cornered: Sunflower die at both the top and the bottom of the card AND use the scripture with its coordinating die.

I used a few flowers from the Into the Blooms: Wreath die set and the cute bees from the Berry Best Mom stamp set.

Join me again for day 3 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Delicious looking pumpkin pie Kelly and what great sunflower card. New products are going on my list. Thanks

Deb S said...

Such a yummy looking pie card, Kelly! Love the berry branches and colors that you've used!