Friday, August 23, 2024

Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown Day 1

Welcome to day 1 of the Papertrey Ink August release countdown! Fall is going to be here before we know it so this release is full of fun, new autumn stamps/dies! My first card for today features the adorable new In Stitches: Halloween stamp/die set paired with the new Cover Plate: Handmade Quilt die. I also snuck in the new Fall Harvest Hot Foil Plate, but it won't be showcased for a few more days....I just simply couldn't resist using it as a frame for this card!

To begin, I used the Fall Harvest Hot Foil Plate on an A2 sized piece of Sweet Blush cardstock using gold foil. I really like that this particular plate is just a frame so it reduces the risk of over-foiling in the middle!

I added some Sweet Blush ink around the edges and adhered it to a top-folding A2 white card base using liquid glue. I ran another piece of Sweet Blush cardstock through my die cut machine along with the new Cover Plate: Handmade Quilt die. Once that was done, I cut it out using the Love to Layer: Charming Brackets die

I die cut the ghost, moon, witches hat, Boo! and the flowers from white cardstock. I stamped the ghost's "stitches" using Soft Stone ink for a subtle look. I used the cheek and eye stamps included in the set, but then added my own mouth using a fine-tip black marker. The stamp set includes a few mouth options, but this is the look I was going for. I used the stitches for the moon as well, but just used a blender brush and Harvest Gold ink to color it in.  I didn't want the white outline that the stamp would have provided. I added the flowers and leaves, glitter, and sequins to finish off this Halloween design!

My second card for today features the new Sunflower Garden Stencil Collection, the new This Is Big Sentiments: Thankful stamp set, and the new Love to Layer: Pinked Squares.

I actually ended up making two identical cards because I like creating multiple panels when I have my stencils out.

Rather than cutting the Pinked Squares apart (which I will do) I left them wired together to create this pinked frame. It was just perfect to highlight the sentiment.

I kept the die cut flowers the same colors that I used on the stenciled panel for continuity.

There are dies for the two different large "thankful" sentiments; I chose to use the bold image, but there is also a beautiful script font as well!

Join me again tomorrow for day 2! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Paula said...

These are just beautiful! Love, love, love the sunflower stencils and that ghost is adorable!

Connie said...

Fantastic cards Kelly! Love your inspiration. Thanks

Deb S said...

Sooo sweet! That little ghost! Your photography is always on point and shows every detail. Do you use a phone or camera? Fabulous!