Sunday, August 25, 2024

Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown Day 3

I can't believe we've made it to day 3 of Papertrey Ink August release countdown! My first card for today uses the new Into the Blooms: Acorn dies! They are seriously so cute, but I seem to ALWAYS love anything from the Into the Blooms product line!

For the background, I cut an A2 panel of Autumn Rose cardstock and blended some Scarlet Jewel ink in each of the four corners. Once that was done, I used the Fallen Leaves Hot Foil Plate and gold foil. I added it to a top-folding A2 white card base using liquid glue.

I used the Love to Layer:Decorative Bracket dies for the strip down the middle and the focal bracket.

I die cut all of the pieces from the acorn set and colored them using distress oxide inks and blender brushes. I chose to place the sentiment directly onto the largest acorn.

I used a brown marker and a color spritzing tool to add the brown flecks to the die cut pieces.

I had fun arranging the acorns, leaves, and berries using foam squares and liquid glue.

My second card for today uses the beautiful new Fall Harvest stamp/die set and the new Fall Harvest Hot Foil Plate.

I'm seriously in love with this new hot foil plate as you can probably tell....I'm using it again on one of tomorrow's cards! ha ha!

The new Fall Harvest stamp set comes with lots of different options; Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, and Fall Harvest. I chose to use the Into the Blooms: Sunflowers die rather than the stamped sunflowers that are included in the stamp set. 

The background is Harvest Gold cardstock with Terracotta Tile ink around the edges. It almost makes it look like its glowing!

I really like the cute banner....once again, there are quite a few options, but of course I had to pick this one!

Join me again tomorrow for the 4th and final day of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I love this release and all of the dies and your designs. I loved last months release as well and missed out on dies because they were sold out. I’m now on the waitlist. My question to you is when is the release each month?

Deb S said...

Adorable cards! I especially love the acorn one! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful sunflowers, Kelly, but those acorns have my heart! You’ve done such fabulous ink blending in making them look so realistic.