Thursday, March 28, 2024

The Greetery New Hot Foils {Love...On Your Special Day}

Hello and welcome! I'm happy to be here today sharing a card I created using the new Hot Foils from The Greetery! These were released a few days ago, but my computer was in the shop so I wasn't able to get my project blogged until now! I just HAD to get the Gray Kraft Paper that Betsy talked about in one of her Spring Fling posts, so I've used it today for this card.

For my project, I chose to use the new Spring Frame Hot Foil using Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Roll-Rose Gold. Doesn't it look so pretty against the Gray Kraft paper? I love how it turned out! I used a very high heat and 25 seconds to get a nice, crisp impression. Betsy gave some useful tips over on The Greetery Blog that I will have to read more closely.

I also used the new Simply Bold Love Hot Foil using the same Rose Gold foil for the LOVE word, but I just didn't like it so I ended up putting Rose Gold glitter cardstock over the top! I think it was just too much foil in one place. I actually hated this card until I made that one edit. I think it's important to not get "married" to an idea when it's not working and just take a break and come back and see what new ideas flow. As soon as I added the matching glitter cardstock, I was happy! Just a tip if you ARE going to die cut the foiled letters, you CAN use the coordinating Simply Bold Love Die. simply die cut it from scrap paper and then lay the negative portion over the top of your foiling and then place the die in the right spot and run it through your machine.

As you can see, I just can't seem to stop with the BotaniCuts Lilacs Die....they were the perfect springtime addition to the frame.

The "on your special day" portion of the sentiment is from the Scripted Sentiments stamp set. I had originally stamped it on white cardstock and HATED it, but then I used Lilac Grace and I loved how it turned out! I rounded the corners of the foiled panel and the cardbase; I love how professional foiling looks and rounded corners also seem boutique-like, so I chose to do that for something different! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. Becky, I read your sweet comment on my last post and I wanted to let you know that I will be addressing your question in an upcoming post, so stay tuned!

 

1 comment:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, this is SO PRETTY! I LOOOVE FOILING! LOL And the foiling looks SO LOVELY with these Lilacs! ;) THANK YOU TOO, for finding my comment & for your upcoming sharing! I look forward to it! One doesn't learn, if one doesn't ask! ;)<3