Friday, March 29, 2024

Project Inspiration {Rejoice!}

I have a fun Easter project to share with you! This was shared in the Papertrey Ink newsletter this week and I wanted to share even more of the details for those who are interested. When I was decorating for Easter a few weeks ago, I found the Easter card that my sister gave me last year. I was so thrilled to get it because it was such great inspiration for me and I saved it because it's a cute decoration AND because I was itching to try making my own version using stamps/dies/hot foils.

To begin, I used the Ornate Swirls Hot Foil Plate on a 4 by 5 1/4 inch panel of Aqua Mist cardstock. I took the plunge and cut into my last FULL sheet of Aqua Mist cardstock and that was risky just in case the foiling didn't turn out! ha ha! It has a slight issue, but there's no way I was going to throw it away and try it again!

I also use the Weave-A-Basket die to cut out the pieces of the basket from white cardstock. I assembled the woven portion easily and then got to work on the eggs. There ARE eggs that are included in basket die collection, but the inspiration piece used much larger eggs so I chose to use the smallest solid egg die included in the Elegant Eggs Die collection. I simply used an assortment of hot foil plates using champagne foil on white cardstock. I cut them out with the egg die and then blended the color using blender brushes and ink.

I used a few different dies to create the flowers and greenery: Spring Silhouette for the leafy vines and the smallest flowers, Into the Blooms: Spring Nest for the pink and blue flowers to the right of the small white flowers, Into the Blooms: Wreath dies for the remainder of the flowers, and the Wrap-It Ribbons die for the bow.

I layered the basket onto the foiled panel and added the bow to the top using foam squares.

I tucked the eggs inside and then arranged the flowers and greenery until I was satisfied with the arrangement.

I layered it onto a top-folding A2 cardbase, added some glitter, and the sentiment. This particular sentiment has been a favorite this season and is from the Thoughts of Easter stamp set.

I heat embossed it in gold and then used the coordinating Thoughts of Easter Sentiments dies to cut it out.

Also, I forgot to mention that I used a mustard marker to color the centers of the very tiny flower centers.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Becky Green said...

OH MY! I hadn't seen this card on the PTI Newsletter, Kelly. (I MUST HAVE MISSED IT OR IT DIDN'T COME!BUUUT, HOW COULD I HAVE "MISSED" THIS?) Anyway, This is SO PERFECT! TOTALLY AWESOME! The colors & just EVERYTHING!The basket is perfect, the little eggs & flowers, the foiling! EXQUISITE! (If this is like your sisters card, then I would have saved it too! LOL) JUST AWESOME!!! ;) HAPPY EASTER or "RESURRECTION SUNDAY!" ;)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Happy Easter to you and yours. Your card is so beautiful. Just love the process you shared. I haven't gotten into the foil as yet, seems not many cards come and go. Really bad mail service and use of FB and I don't like it ! Great colors and love the "TINY"

Connie said...

Gorgeous card Kelly!
Love the gold on this card, wonderful accent.
PTI came up with a superb basket!
You always create such beautiful work and
it is a pleasure to watch what you come up with.
Thanks Kelly and have a wonderful Easter.