Monday, March 25, 2024

Papertrey Ink March Release Day 4

This March Papertrey Ink countdown has just flown by and today is the 4th and final day! I had so much fun creating these final two projects to share with you today! Just a reminder, everything will be available for purchase tomorrow night at 10 pm ET. 

My first card for today features the latest addition in the Reflections series and I think this might be one of my favorites! I absolutely love this scripture found in Luke and I know it will come in handy for all kinds of different occasions.

I found a pretty scripture illustration on Pinterest that was the inspiration for today's card. I like to use my "card inspiration" folder when I'm not feeling very inspired or when I'm in a hurry! These past few days I have been in a hurry so it's always nice to having a "jumping off" point, if you know what I mean!

To begin, I got to work on the scripture sentiment; for this one, I used my old SU! Stampin' Write markers to selectively ink the verse using a few different colors until I was satisfied with the look.

Once that was done, I used the Reflections: March dies to cut it out. I set it aside and got to work on the background panel. I used the new Watercolor Wonderful Stencil Collection, but this time in two of the corners for a different look.

I trimmed the background panel to 4 by 5 1/4 inches and layered it onto a top-folding A2 Lilac Grace card base using foam squares for dimension. Then I die cut the flowers and leaves using the Into the Blooms: Clover dies (twice for everything) and then colored them using finger daubers and assorted Distress Oxide inks.

If you have eagle eyes, you'll also notice a few sprigs from the Spring Silhouette Die that I had leftover from a different project! ha ha! I arranged the flowers and leaves, with quite a bit of fussing, I might add, until I was satisfied with the arrangement. I added some glitter and sequins to finish it off! This card makes me so happy!
I had so much fun with the purple, yellow, and green color combo I decided to use it again for my final card for today and for the countdown! This card features the new Elegant Edges: Flourish dies and the new Elegant Script Hot Foil Plate.

To begin, I got my foil machine hot (medium heat, 15 seconds) and used champagne foil on a panel of Lilac Grace cardstock. This particular Hot Foil Plate is a horizontal placement, so I ended up just using a portion of it since I was making a vertical card.

Once again, I used the Watercolor Wonderful Stencil collection in the corner of the white panel; in hindsight I should have picked the other two corners because of the flower placement. I had originally planned to have the flourish at the bottom, but after fidgeting with it, I decided to place it at the top.

I used the smaller size included in the new Reflections: March die collection and stamped the sentiment from the Pro Stamper's Box: March using black ink. I mentioned on day one of the countdown that this is my favorite sentiment included in the box.

I used the Into the Blooms: Gardenia Die once again to accent the sentiment. 

Glitter and sequins finish off this card! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

3 comments:

Becky Green said...

SWOONING over your cards, Kelly! I LOOOVE the color choice you've made! It SCREAMS, "SPRING!" There is NOTHING LOVELIER! Going over to check things out....But, you DID SAY, not on sale till tomorrow...! ;) DO TELL MORE about your Inspiration? (I forgot what you called it.) Would LOVE to do one myself! I need ALL the help I can get! LOL

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

These cards are beautiful!

Sonar Appliances said...

This blog is fantastic. It's evident that you've put a lot of thought into the topic and provided valuable insights. If You are Looking for the best quality atta chakki and cold press oil machine? Look no further than Sonar Appliances! We are the leading manufacturer and supplier of top-notch, durable, and efficient kitchen appliances.