Friday, March 15, 2024

The Greetery {Chocolates and Flowers for Mom}

 


Hello and welcome, friends!  I'm happy to be here today with a fun Mother’s Day project using the new To Mom with Love stamp/die set as the focal point and then traditional Mother’s Day accents: flowers and chocolate!  Mother’s Day is just a few short months away and I find that it’s always good to ensure that YOUR mom or mother-in-law is taken care of long before the actual day so you don’t have to endure stress on YOUR special day (if you’re a mom). Mother’s Day can be tricky for some and for those of you who struggle on that day, please know you’re in my mind and in my heart.  That being said, this card design transcends beyond Mother’s Day; simply switch out the large focal sentiment for a birthday or thinking of you sentiment, whatever your needs may be.

To begin, I die cut quite a few flowers and greenery using the Winter Medley Die and then colored them with distress oxide inks. I used a foam mat and the smaller end of my stylus to give the flowers shape and then glued them to the greenery. I added a black dot to the center of each flower using a fine-tip Sharpie marker. I gave them a spritz of Shimmer Spray and set them aside to work on the chocolates.

I used the Curio Confections Die and cut out all of the pieces and then just had fun coloring them. I die cut the paper liners from vellum and then added the chocolates using foam squares for dimension. I added some Strawberry Bits and some Flower Bits to the chocolates for added detail. I simply glued them to the top of the chocolates using liquid glue. I find that a gem picker comes in handy to add embellishments like this.

Once the flowers and chocolates were finished, I got to work on the background. I used the Curio Divider & Details II die for both the outer frame and the liners die cut from pattern paper. This particular pattern paper is from a 12 by 12 pad from Recollections called Floral Fantasy. I didn’t notice when I chose it that the tiny detail of the pattern is a crown, just perfect for Mom! I die cut the divider portion three times from Kraft cardstock and then glued it together using liquid glue. I added some brown shades of distress oxide ink near the joint of each section. I layered it onto an A2 panel of white cardstock using additional liquid glue and then secured each of the liners using a tape runner.

Once that was done, I just had fun adding all of the chocolates! I heat embossed the sentiment in gold onto white cardstock and then using the To Mom With Love Die to cut it out. I layered it over the chocolates using foam squares. Once that was done, I added the different clusters of flowers here and there until I was satisfied with the arrangement. I gave the chocolates and flowers a generous sprinkling of glitter and then mounted the entire panel onto a top-folding A2 white card base using liquid glue! This card was a joy to create and I’m so glad that my Mom’s card is taken care of this early! No procrastination for this girl! Ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Becky Green said...

This is SO PERFECT, Kelly! I LOVE IT! The colors & all of your added details! It is true that getting your cards done early takes away the stress! ;) You've also shown me a die I missed in all the past ordering, so I added it to my cart for my next order! THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, Kelly! SERIOUSLY, your card is PERFECT! ;)

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, your Mother's day card is just gorgeous!!

Connie said...

Amazing card, Kelly!
Looks good enough to eat.
Thanks