Monday, February 26, 2024

Papertrey Ink February Release Day 4


 Welcome to the 4th and final day of the Papertrey Ink February release! I had so much fun creating these final two cards! Up first is a card using the new He Is Risen die collection. I die cut all of the pieces from white cardstock and then colored them using distress oxide inks and then glued everything together with foam squares and liquid glue.

I loved using the Exquisite Leaf Frame Hot Foil Plate on yesterday's card and I thought it would be perfect to frame the cross, so I used it again! I love  how the Champagne foil looks against the Royal Velvet cardstock!

I heat embossed another sentiment from the Thoughts of Easter Sentiments stamp set onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the Royal Velvet panel and then glued it to a top-folding A2 cardbase.

My final card for the release uses the new Beautiful Branches Hot Foil Plate. I used Rose Gold foil at the bottom of an A2 white panel. I then added flowers that were created using the Into the Blooms: Wreath dies to the branches. 

I added some Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores to the top portion of the card with some Hawaiian Shores ink splatter. I stamped the sentiment in black and then accented it with the Rejoice sentiment; please note these are from two different stamp sets, but paired up to make one greeting.

The flowers are added using foam squares and then sprinkled with glitter for sparkle and shine. I also rounded the corners! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. Everything will be available for purchase tomorrow night at 10 PM ET. 

8 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, I LOVE your first card! I'm SO PLEASED to see this cross in the collection! AND I think the rich dark purple is so appropriate for this too, & the foiled frame! Your second card is so pretty with the little flowers & I have to say, the sentiments you've used on both are GREAT!

Mary Kay Ross said...

These cards are absolutely gorgeous! I'm in love with this new release and can't wait to get these sets.

Cindy Cherry said...

Beautiful use of color...especially the purples in the lilacs!

Zimmerman said...

That insight's perfect for what I need. Thankyou for sharing!

Blankenship said...

What an awesome way to explain this-now I know everything!

Pennington said...

No complaints on this end, simply a good piece you made

Rodriguez said...

It's really great that people are sharing this information. more plss

Williamson said...

I very much like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing.