Saturday, February 24, 2024

Papertrey Ink February Release Day 2

As promised, I'm back today sharing a BIG post for day 2 of the Papertrey Ink February release! I have so much to share, I didn't quite know where to start, so I decided to just share them in the order that I made them! ha ha!

Up first a sweet springtime Easter card using the new Into the Blooms: Spring Nest dies paired with the new Thoughts of Easter Sentiments stamp set.

I die cut all of the pieces for the nest from white cardstock and then colored them using Distress Oxide inks. For the background, I used the Watercolor Plaid Stencil Collection; Aqua Mist ink on a panel of white cardstock. I only used two of the stencils so a loose, less-busy background. I stamped the "wishing you" sentiment in black directly on the panel. 

I layered the nest onto the largest die in the Reflections: February die set. I warmed you yesterday you would be seeing more of this beautiful die set!

I die cut the Rejoice word and then stamped it in black and layered it on the wreath using foam squares. I added the entire focal panel to a top-folding A2 card base using foam squares. I added glitter to the nest and eggs!

My second card also used the new Spring Nest dies, but this time I used the elements outside of a nest to create little vignettes.

I colored everything the same way as the first card. I die cut four of the smallest size in the February: Reflections die set and then arranged the elements until I was happy with the four vignettes.

The background was created using the Simple Stitch Crochet-Small Stencil Collection. I just love how it looks like leaves if you just use one of the stencils. I layered the four vignette pieces using foam squares.

I'm slightly obsessed with the Rejoice stamp and thought it looked so cute on this card so I used it again. I paired it with another sentiment included in the Thoughts of Easter Sentiments stamp set. I heat embossed it in white on a strip of Pale Peony cardstock.

I finished it off with a sprinkling of glitter and layered it onto a top-folding A2 cardbase!

I wanted to change the look and feel of my final nest card; something a little more natural and rustic, but still feminine and sweet. Does that even make any sense? ha ha!

I created the nest in the same way as my first card, but with different colors. I layered it onto  the medium sized oval included in the Love to Layer: Ovals die collection using foam squares. 

It's kind of hard to see in the photos, but I used the Nifty Plaid Background stamp set on a panel of Lilac Grace cardstock and Fresh Snow ink. You can see it a bit better on the bottom of the panel. 

I heat embossed the sentiment in gold onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the Lilac panel and secured it on the back with transparent tape. The photo corners add a bit more detail; they are from the retired Fairytale Christmas kit. I layered it onto a top-folding Olive Twist A2 cardbase using liquid glue. I opted to not add glitter to keep the card on the natural side.

My final card for today is a little more playful and features the new Easter Buddies stamp set. I chose to create a bunny, but there are so many animal options included in this set.

The sentiment is from the new Thoughts of Easter Sentiments stamp set. 

I pulled in some leftover bits and bobs from a few recent projects to gussy up this springtime scene! Join me again tomorrow for day 3! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

OH MY!!!Your cards are BEAUTIFUL, Kelly! I am liking those stencils & the Rejoice Stamp & Die too! Taking notes here..... LOL SUCH A BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!!! ;)

Kris said...

Beautiful cards! The first one is my favorite…stunning!