Friday, February 23, 2024

Papertrey Ink February Release Day 1

Hello and welcome friends! It's day one of the Papertrey Ink February release and spring has sprung! I have been having a ball creating so many fun, springtime projects to share with you over the next few days! The weather has been a "little bit of everything" almost everyday lately! ha ha! Sunshine in the morning, snow in the evening....rain in the morning, turning to snow, and then beautiful sunshine! The day I made this umbrella card is was dark and stormy, so it was perfect....I needed an umbrella on my walk because I came home positively DRENCHED! Too bad I don't have one this cute! 

This cute new set is called Weather It Together and it's so much fun! There are coordinating stencils, but I didn't get them in time to use them, but I will definitely be using them because I just love everything about this new set! This is a "must-have" set, in my opinion!

The stamp set comes with two included sentiments, but I chose to use one from the new Thoughts of Spring Sentiments. I can't wait to use this set again WITH the stencils AND with one of the included sentiments! It's just too cute!

To begin, I stenciled the clouds using the Cloud Stencil Collection using Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores ink. I added some Hawaiian Shores ink splatter and then used the Cover Plate: Quilted die to add the pierced detail. I stamped the sentiment in black, but you could do this before you add the pierced detail; it's up to you!  I added the umbrella that was stamped using three of the detail images: polka dots, stripes, and the section details. I added the flowers here and there until I was happy with the arrangement. A sprinkling of glitter finishes it off!

My next card uses the new Radiant Radials die and the new Flutter and Flowers stamp/die set paired with another sentiment from the new Thoughts of Spring Sentiment set. 

As you can see, the Radiant Radial die adds the detailing to a panel of cardstock rather than cutting out a stand-alone piece. You could die cut the entire piece with a large circle die and use it that way; I think Betty did that on her card for today so make sure to check that out.

I did add another die cut to the center of the radial...this is the smallest die included in the new Reflections February die set that we will be showcasing in a few days. I couldn't wait to use it and you will see it quite a bit over the next few days before it is featured!

The Flutter and Flowers stamp set comes with two different butterflies, lots of grass images, and three flowers. It's a fun, easy-to-use set that's just perfect for spring! Join me again tomorrow for a BIG post using some of my new favorites! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Connie said...

Super lovely cards, Kelly!
Wish I had the supplies to make them.
Thanks for your inspiration and have a super day.

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly! The Radiant Radials looks QUITE INTERESTING to me! ;)
It is to snow here tomorrow, & we've had warmer & nippy weather too. Changing back & forth! AND we've had the rain too! YES, get an umbrella, for NEXT TIME! ;) STAY WARM!!!

Helen said...

Wow!! Your cards are truly stunning Kelly! Love them both. Thanks so much for the great inspiration!!

jc2711 said...

Oh just stunning!! Sigh

Elise said...

Your cards are always so beautiful!