Sunday, February 25, 2024

Papertrey Ink February Release Day 3

Welcome to day 3! Once again, I couldn't decided what to share first so I am sharing them in the order that I created them! ha ha! Up first is a card created using the new Reflections: February stamp/die set. It  is one of my favorite verses of scripture! He has Risen! 

I heat embossed the verse onto a piece of New Leaf cardstock using white detail embossing powder and then die cut it using the largest die included in the Reflections: February die set. I added some Stampin' Up!  Garden Green ink around the edges ; I wanted something darker, but within the same color tone and so this was the winner.

I did the same shading to the background panel and added some white paint splatter.

I used the flowers from the Into the Blooms: Wreath dies, but the leaves are from the Into the Blooms: Peonies die collection and the Into the Blooms: Clover die collection. I colored the flowers and leaves using distress oxide inks.

I rounded the corners of the background panel and then arranged the flowers and leaves using foam squares and liquid glue. I added glitter and a trio of sparkling clear sequins.

My next card features the new Spring Silhouettes die collection. Please note that I did not use these dies as they were intended, but I'm sure that plenty of the designers DID! ha ha! The concept behind this set is just so sweet and reminds me of the sugar easter eggs they had when I was little. You know, the ones that had a scene inside! Those were my favorite!

Anyway, I did attempt to make a card the correct way but I just wasn't feeling it and threw it away.

I decided to use the egg as a focal piece rather than a window to build the scene. I used one of my favorite sentiments included in the Thoughts of Easter sentiments stamp set.

I used the new Into the Blooms: Spring Nest stencil collection to add patterns to the animals. The stencils didn't come in time for me to use them with yesterday's nest cards, so I was just itching to use them!

I used the Exquisite Leaf Frame Hot Foil Plate to frame the scene. I had so much fun creating these two cards! Join me again tomorrow for the 4th and final day! Thanks for fluttering by!




 

1 comment:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, I think your second card is my favorite! I like your creativity!!!! ;) AND I LOVE the foiled frame (which I have!) ;) But, those little critters are ADORABLE!!! A SUPER JOB!!!