Sunday, February 28, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio {Forever True Forever Friends}

I can't believe we're already saying goodbye to February! I realize that it DOES have the shortest amount of days, but still it seems like the month has whizzed by! I have a really busy March ahead, so I was happy that I snuck some time to get my St. Patrick's Day decorating done in the house and do a bit of a refresh in the main living areas! I knew if I didn't get it done then, it most likely wouldn't happen!

For today's card, I chose to use the new Friendship Blooms Layering Stencils, but this time with the coordinating Friendship Blooms stamp set to add the gold embossed  outline around the flowers.  When I made THIS card, I only used the stencils so I was excited to try this today! 

Something I learned from the first time I used this set, is that all the flowers and leaves can be stenciled at one time onto a panel measuring 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2. They have the guides in the corner just like the background stencils which makes lining it up a breeze!

Once the stenciled panel was complete I was able to do all of the outline heat embossing quickly and easily. I used the coordinating Friendship Blooms dies to get everything cut out. I set those aside and got to work on the background. I really liked how the Sunburst background looked on the slimline card, so I decided to try the A2 version using the Layered Sunburst Stencil set

I chose to use another complimentary color combination because they're just easy and I don't have to think too much! ha ha! These colors also remind me of Pansies that I usually begin planting in my porch pots this time of year!

I heat embossed the sentiment in gold to accent the gold details of the flowers.

I wrapped the vellum around the background panel and secured it in the back using tape. 

I added some jewels to finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

I’m with you, February seemed to come and go, so fast. We have so many new birds that have stopped by this year, we’re loving every minute- especially in the morning. So Spring is definitely on it’s way. Yippee! Kelly, I love your card. And I’m especially loving the new stenciled flowers, it makes card making so much easier. Your flowers are so beautiful, they look like you spent a lot of time on them and they really Bloom, with the sunburst background! Wonderful design!! 💖👏

Kelly Lunceford said...

AM
Thank you so much! You're always so sweet!❤