Monday, February 8, 2021

Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale {Get Well Wishes}

I don't know about you, but I have been needing quite a few Get Well cards AND Sympathy cards lately! I'm completely out of Get Well cards, so I chose a few products for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale to help us in this quest! I'm thrilled to have two Get Well cards to add to my stash! I ended up having so much fun creating these that I'm thinking I'll use this same design for some Sympathy cards as well. 
This week's sale will run from today (when the Newsletter gets emailed out) until Wednesday at 4 pm. This week's sale will include:
STAMPS: Inside Greetings: Get Well Wishes

INK: Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Pale Peony, Hibiscus Burst, Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, True Black

CARDSTOCK: Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet, Linen cardstock



To begin this two cards, I die cut the Bouquet Backdrop 4 times, gluing two together for each card. This particular die has very intricate pieces, so it is nice to double stack it to give it some added stability. I probably could have stacked it three times, but this worked out well enough. 

Once that was done, I used finger sponge daubers to add the ink to the individual flowers and leaves. This allows me to have more control than a blender brush, especially in the small, hard-to-reach areas. I added two shades of ink for each flower and for the leaves. I love the added dimension it gives to the piece AND it gives you more ink colors at a discount! ha ha! See how much I love you!!!

I decided to ink the flowers up differently for each card to give them some variation. I just love these springtime colors! Once they were all done, I cut two panels of Fresh Snow Linen Cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches. I used my Mini MISTI to stamp the two sentiments in black ink. Normally I like using a nice, juicy ink pad, but when stamping on Linen Cardstock, I find it is better to use an ink pad that might be a little bit drier. The beautiful texture of the cardstock has tiny channels where liquid ink likes to bleed, so that is why I like using a drier pad. I know that seems crazy, but it really helps.

 I chose to use two different sentiments to showcase the variation included in this stamp set.  Once the sentiments were stamped, I die cut the frames. Once again, I chose two different colors of cardstock AND they are two colors that I RARELY use, but have no clue why! I really love these two beautiful shades of purple. 

This one has the darker Royal Velvet border for a more dramatic result. Speaking of drama, it wasn't until I was editing my photos that I realized that this particular card has  A LOT of paint splatter drama on that right side! LOL! I'll definitely be going back to add some splatter to the bottom left corner to give it some balance! (hangs head in shame)

I always use Post-It Notes to cover up any parts of my cards that I don't want to get any paint or ink splatter, so for these cards, I chose to do that on the sentiments. I didn't want to make the sentiment too hard to read with any distracting splatter over it.

This angle shows you that the left side DOES have some splatter, just not as much as the right! ha ha! I added some glitter to the leaves and flowers for some added detail as well as some sparkle and shine!

I also added a trio of sparkling clear sequins to each of the cards. 

I couldn't neglect the INSIDE of the cards, especially since this is an Inside Greetings stamp set! LOL! I chose to use the third sentiment from the set for both cards and inked it up with Amethyst Allure ink. Here's hoping I don't need these two cards too soon! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love those purples!!

Conniecrafter said...

They are gorgeous and sure to be uplifting, your inking of them is lovely!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Jan!