Friday, February 26, 2021

Hello, Fabulous Friend

Hello to ALL of my fabulous crafty friends! It's nearing the end of the month which means I have a little time to do some "just because" creating! I decided to spend that time creating  something for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge! I don't think I have participated in one of these challenges since I stepped down from the Design Team, so it was super fun to create this card! 

I just HAD to have the Open Book SugarCuts when they were first released, but I haven't used them until now! That's why I wanted to play along with this challenge so much because these are just perfect! To begin this card, I die cut the scallop portion using the Card Front Element Builder SugarCuts as well as a panel to fit just inside. I knew I would be using the English Bond Brick Wall Stencil and I didn't want it to go onto the scalloped portion. I simply cut a panel slightly smaller and then used the stencil with some texture paste. I set it aside to dry and got to work on the other design elements.

I searched my stash of pattern paper to find a print that would work well for the book pages. I was thrilled when I found this particular pattern from a VERY old pad. I selectively die cut this particular portion of the paper since it talks about summer vacation starting up! I thought that seemed like a fun book to read, especially since this card will be going to the school librarian, who also happens to be one of my fabulous friends! ha ha! I die cut the cover portion of the book out of Kraft cardstock to fit the color parameters of the challenge. I did some quick stitching down the pages of the book and then secured them to the cover using foam squares.

The eyeglasses are probably my favorite part...I die cut them three times from black cardstock and then added Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top and let them dry before I glued them together. The Open Book SugarCuts also come with some fabulous flower and leaf dies. I die cut them all out of white cardstock and then colored them with finger daubers and ink. 

I die cut the Hello word  twice out of white cardstock and then glued them together using liquid glue. I heat embossed the "Fabulous Friend" sentiment, which is from the Everyday Sentiments stamp set, onto a black piece of cardstock and then die cut it with the Sentiment Strips SugarCuts. Once I had all of the elements created, I put the card together using foam squares and liquid glue onto the dried brick panel. I added sequins to the centers of the flowers for a fun detail and some sparkle! I had a lot of fun creating this card! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

14 comments:

Vickie R. said...

Lovely card as always, I'm sure your friend will love it! May I ask where you like to buy your sequins? I love that you always have a mix of sizes! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Vickie! They're the Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, but I buy them from Ellen Hutson, LLC. She has crazy fast shipping and I like to support her when I can. There's a link on my sidebar.

Becky Green said...

This is SO ADORABLE, Kelly! I LIKE the eye glasses too! A BEAUTIFUL & CREATIVE CARD for a book loving friend!!! THANK YOU TOO, for all the links! ;)<3

Jan said...

This is a marvelous card! I especially love that fun designer paper you found to use for the book pages--just an awesome detail!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Becky! You're always so sweet!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! Yes, my paper hoarding certainly came in handy!😂😂😂

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a Fabulous Card! I love the Book dies from SugarPea Designs and have yet to use them. You have inspired me to pull them out and get the creative juices flowing. Thank you for all the details on how you built this card.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I'm sure you'll have a ball!❤❤❤

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Wow!! My jaw is on the floor!! This is absolutely stunning, Kelly!! ❤️❤️❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Wendy! That means so much!❤❤❤ Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

Conniecrafter said...

Very cool, love the glasses with the book and your flowers are so pretty too, neat design!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie!❤ you're so sweet!❤❤❤

Stephanie Clapper said...

Oh my goodness, what a Fabulous, Awesome card! I never cease to be AMAZED at your creativity! I totally 💖 your design ‼️ 💯% 😊👏💖

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, dear Stephanie! You're so sweet!❤❤❤