Thursday, October 15, 2020

The Greetery {Autumn Blessings}


I snuck a little time yesterday morning to do some autumn crafting! I just haven't gotten my fill and there are stamps sets and dies that have been calling my name! I turned on a Nat King Cole album, got comfy and had so much fun putting this card together!  Autumn is one of my favorite seasons and I haven't done nearly enough seasonal crafting!
I had an extra Wood Slice left over from the latest release and I really wanted to try using the BotaniCuts Toadstool Garden with it! I have also really been wanting to combine the toadstools with the Bountiful Wreath stamp set so it all just worked out so well! I was able to combine three things on my "to-make list" onto one card! 
To begin, I die cut the outer portion of the Bountiful Wreath using the Bountiful Wreath die. I did all of the stamping using an assortment of Distress Oxide inks in warm, autumn tones. Once the stamping was done, I die cut the inner portion of the wreath. I added a few extra details using colored pencils to a few of the different stamped images.

I layered it onto the Wood Slice using foam squares. The toadstools were leftovers from THIS card, so all I had to to was tuck them a little bit behind the bottom of the wreath and adhere them with foam squares. I added some Martha Stewart Crafts coarse crystal glitter to both the wreath and the toadstools.

die cut the "Autumn" word, which is from the Bittersweet Bouquet stamp set, and then stamped it using Distress Oxide inks. I added it above the toadstools using mini foam squares. 

I used the Square Dance Stencils on an A2 panel of white cardstock. I fell in love with this particular color combination that Betsy used when these stencils were released, so I wanted to recreate it for today's card. I accidentally turned the Stencil C upside down, so this isn't perfect (don't look too close) ha ha! This was my second attempt so I just went with it! I stamped the "blessings" portion of the sentiment at the bottom and then added the entire wood slice portion directly to the panel using a tape runner. I finished it off with just a touch of ink splatter for some added detail! This was such a fun card to create and I'm glad I snuck a little "me" time to put it together! Have your Merry Makings orders arrived yet? I'd love to hear what you're working on! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh, Kelly, this is beautiful! I love it. I probably sound like a broken record but I love when Greetery designers combine multiple previously released sets with new. I just might have to case this beauty! Have a great day.

jan metcalf said...

Just the sets I have been pining to use myself! Along with some more bittersweet! Thank you for the inspiration Kelly, glad you had a morning to create!

Kelly Lunceford said...

They're fabulous, aren't they? Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Debbie! You're so sweet! You have a great day, too!❤

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Kelly! My Merry Makings order won't arrive until late Saturday and the wood slice will probably be the first thing I use for Autumn/Thanksgiving cards.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Cindy! You'll have a ball with your new goodies!❤

Becky Green said...

OH, I LOVE THIS Kelly! LOVE EACH product you matched up SO WELL!!! I DO LOVE those Botani Cuts Mushrooms & well, EVERY THING ELSE!!!LOL My order is arriving TODAY!!!!:D I am STILL working away on Fall things here, specifically--- a water colored fall piece; & my NEXT project is our Anniversary Card! Cutting it CLOSE TOO! LOL STILL working on ideas! BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly!!!! ;)<3

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh wow! Sounds like you're a busy girl! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for stopping by! Enjoy your new goodies! Happy anniversary, too!❤❤❤

blaze said...

Everything about this card is JUST.SO.DELIGHTFUL!!! Signature Kelly!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww....thank you so much! You're so sweet!

Whimsey said...

This is sooooooooo beautiful; love the rich autumn colors; they REALLY pop on that background. Thank you for the inspiration!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you SO much!❤

Stephanie Clapper said...

What a perfect, perfect fit! Your idea of adding the wood slice and mushrooms is unique and fabulous! And I I wouldn’t have noticed the upside down stencil if you hadn’t mentioned it. It’s a wonderful card that you can look at, again and again. Thank you for taking the time to make an extra Greetery card, what an inspirational treat! 💖🍁

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤❤❤

Conniecrafter said...

how cool is that, I love how the wreath and the wood slices work so well together, Beautiful!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.