Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Ink to Paper October Release Countdown Day 4

Well friends, today is the 4th and final day of the Ink to Paper October release countdown! I've got two projects to share with you today using some awesome new stamps/dies! Up first is this first card using a combination of a few new products; Folky Holiday Stamps/dies, Merry Alphabet Dies, Feathered Friends 5 die, and the new Just Sentiments: He is Born stamp set! 

To begin this card, I die cut all of the pieces for the bird and then used an assortment of Distress Oxide inks to bring him to life! I glued all the pieces together using liquid glue with a precision tip for ease.

I die cut the J,O, and Y letters using the Merry Alphabet dies and adhered them to a panel that is die cut using the previously released Border Bling: Joy Frame Die. This particular die pairs so nicely with the Folky Holiday images that I used to embellish the letter O. I perched the bird directly in the middle using foam squares. I absolutely adore these little birds and have so much fun adding them to my cards!

The sentiment is heat embossed in silver onto a strip of vellum and wrapped around the focal panel and secured in the back with tape. I added a few jewels to the centers of the snowflakes and one off to the side to create a triangle. The entire focal panel is layered onto a Weathervane card base using foam squares.

And now....a return to our regularly scheduled season! ha ha! I haven't made a fall card in forever, so it was so nice to sit down and ink up these beautiful leaves from the new Leaves in Fall stamp set. I used Distress Oxide Ink for both the leaves and the background. I've really been enjoying the changing leaves right outside my bedroom window and the blue sky with the orange leaves was my inspiration!

This card is VERY simple, but I think it's perfect for a masculine design. I added the branch using liquid glue and then adhered the leaves here and there using foam squares.

The sentiment, which is from the new Feathered Friends 5, is stamped using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink to keep it cohesive. I also added some Walnut Stain ink splatter for some added detail to this simple design. I added a trio of sparkling clear sequins for some sparkle and shine! All of these new products will go on sale tomorrow at 10 PM ET! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

mel h said...

Love the adorable bird card!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! It was so much fun to make!❤

Stephanie Clapper said...

Oh my goodness, I am in love with your beautiful cards! Your color combinations are amazing! From your blues and grays to orange & blue, both of your designs are so artistic- you’re just amazing! Btw, I’m a huge Florida Gator fan(University of Florida) so orange and blue is a big fav!
In case you’re wondering why my comments are all over the place, I left you a long message a few posts back. I don’t know where I’d be as a stamper without your inspiration! Thank you Kelly’! 🧡💙

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're so sweet!❤ I appreciate ALL of your sweet comments and true support! You are such a dear! I hope your sister continues to improve! Love and hugs to you both!❤❤❤