Monday, October 19, 2020

Papertrey Ink/ Ink to Paper Flash Sale {Sending a little Holiday Sparkle}

Hello and welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale! Today's greetings are sent to you from the Barbie Dreamhouse! ha ha! Just kidding...but really, these cards are giving me some serious 80's Barbie vibes, which I LOVE! I was heading in a Sugarplum Fairy direction as my daughter suggested last week! I guess we can just call these "Sugarplum Fairy Barbie cards, does that work? ha ha!
This week's sale will run from Monday, October 19th at 12 noon until Wednesday October, 21st at 12 noon. The sale will include:

PAPER: Plum Pudding, Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon, Amethyst Allure, Raspberry Fizz

INK: Plum Pudding, Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon, Amethyst Allure, Raspberry Fizz


To begin both cards, I die cut a BUNCH of the different sized snowflakes and then stamped them using all of the different inks. Some are multi-toned and some are solid colors for some variation. Next, I cut two panels of Linen Cardstock 4 by 5 1/4 inches and added some ink blending here and there using Raspberry Fizz, Amethyst Allure and Lavender Moon ink. I spritzed the panels with water and Shimmer Spray for some sparkle!

I set them aside to dry while I got to work on the sentiments. I used the It's A Sign: Hanging Layers and Hanging Stitched Layers dies for the sentiments on both cards. 

This card uses two of the sentiments. I felt like the "Let it Snow" just wasn't enough for this particular design so I stamped another one of the sentiment below it directly onto the dry panel using black ink.

I added the frames around both panels; this one in Amethyst Allure and the other frame for the other card is Plum Pudding.

After that was done, it was time to arrange the colorful snowflakes here and there, stacking some for added detail and dimension.

I added some jewels to three of the snowflakes on each card as well as a trio of sparking clear sequins. I really wanted these cards to sparkle, especially because of the sentiment on the left card!

I forgot to mention that I added some ink splatter to both panels BEFORE I added the frame, sentiments and snowflakes. I try to do all of the messy work first, if I can, to give it time to dry.

I chose to cut the It's A Sign: Hanging Frames Layers in the same color as the frame on each card for a cohesive feel. I wanted the visual movement to come from the ink blending and snowflakes rather than the sentiment/frame combo. Both focal panels are mounted onto top folding A2 Lavender Moon card bases.

I really loved working with these purple tones for this week's Flash Sale. I always end up by giving someone one of the purple lotions or soaps from Bath and Body Works and I always want a coordinating card, so these will be perfect! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

9 comments:

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm LOVING the different colors for Christmas! ;)<3

blaze said...

These remind me of the "Frozen" inspired cards you made last year with Pine Blossom. That's what made me buy those stamps and dies! You continue to be one of the best inspirations for me. You have a beautiful heart!!!

Ruthie A said...

Beautiful! Love the barbie reference!Lol!! What die did you use to make the frame?

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Becky!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh, yes! I was just thinking about those cards! You're so sweet! Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by and for ALL of your sweet comments!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Ruthie! You're so sweet! It's the Border Bling: Skinny Stitched Frames and they're part of the sale, too! I'll add the link!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Stephanie Clapper said...

The flash sale is such a great idea especially for the color inspiration. I’m having a moment of Deja vu, I think I made the same comment on your last flash. Your cards evoke a magical feel and that describes the holidays for me. I especially love your non-traditional Christmas colors, they’re so pretty. A big thanks to your daughter for her Barbie idea, I think you’ve passed on some wonderful imagination. πŸ’–πŸ’œ

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww... Thank you so much, Stephanie! You're so sweet! It really has been so much fun putting these flash sale projects together!

Susie said...

I'm late leaving a comment but I know you'll forgive my tardiness. Kelly, your color pairings are absolutely delightful. It's a pure delight to go through your blog and enjoy all the beautiful card designs. Merry Christmas!