Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio {Tidings of Comfort and Joy}

Hello friends! I've got a new holiday design to share with you today using a few of the new Slimline Stencils from Pinkfresh Studio! Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments on my NOEL card I made for the stencil release! I made something similar in feel, but with a spearmint twist! ha ha! I loved the red, pink, and white peppermint look I created on that card, so I thought it would be fun tow switch things up for today's card!

To be honest, I didn't quite know the direction this card was going to take until I got the wreaths cut, inked, and glued together and the letters die cut. I was trying to decide what color to ink up the letters in when I realized how much I loved the look of the crisp white against the green of the wreaths. I decided to go for a trendy farmhouse look, adding in the black stamped houses from the Our Home to Yours. The sentiment is also from that set, and is heat embossed in black onto a strip of vellum.

The wreaths and letters are layered onto the die cut Braided Circles using mini foam squares. I used the Basic Plaid Layering Stencil for the grey layer and the Diagonal Stripes Stencil for the green layer. Once I had those cut and adhered together, I added some white paint splatter for some snowy detail! From there, I added the houses and the sentiment. 

I would normally use an odd number of houses, but the three different groupings create a visual triangle and it seems to work! I had planned on stopping at this point and didn't have a bow. When I looked at it again the next day, I felt it needed a pop of color somewhere and the bow won!

You all know how much I love the Artistic Bows, so this pink addition probably doesn't come as a surprise! ha ha! If you're not into bows, simply omit it to keep with the farmhouse vibe. I added a sprinkling of coarse crystal glitter to the houses and wreaths for shine! Each tiny wreath got a few jewels as well!

With these slimline cards, you could definitely try making a longer word for your card. 

This card was so much fun to make! I hope you'll give slimline cards a try if you haven't yet! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

12 comments:

Cindy Lyles said...

Kelly this is just so absolutely incredible on so many levels - pure eye candy!!! Thank you for inspiring me!!

Cindy Otto said...

I love houses for card making and your card is soooo cute! Love the wreaths and how you colored them. So much texture. Really great job, Kelly?

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much, Cindy! You're so sweet!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Cindy! You're so sweet!❤ I love little houses, too!❤

Denise Bryant said...

I love the wreaths on the Braided Circles! Beautiful details on your card!

Becky Green said...

This REALLY IS PRETTY, Kelly! I LOVE the mint greens & the pink! I can see why the mint green is trending! LOL BEAUTIFULLY DONE in the Slim Line format too!!! REALLY, AN EXCELLENT JOB!!! ;)<3

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Beautiful card...LOVE the layers.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Denise!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you SO much! You're so sweet!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Sylvia! You're so sweet!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Your slimline is a wonderful example of creating with different patterns and also a nice contrast from yesterday’s pink & purples. Showing us that we can create beautiful Christmas cards with different sizes and colors. I’m never- ending-ly (huh?) surprised! Lol. In other words, I love your card! Joyful wishes to you too! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸ’š ps I love your bows!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie! This was such a fun card to create!❤❤❤