Friday, July 17, 2020

The Greetery Destination: Summer Release Day

Well friends, it's the day you've been waiting for! It's the best time of the month, am I right? The new Destination: Summer release from The Greetery is on sale today starting at 10 AM EDT! Do you have your wish lists made? What are you loving? I couldn't stop playing with this month's release, so I have two more cards to share with you today using the new Budding Beauties Summer stamp set paired with the Sprinkled with Kindness set! I've also used a few of my older favorites to bring these two cards to life!

I'm in desperate need of birthday cards, so both of these designs are birthday designs, but you could easily switch out the sentiments to make them work for your needs. I mentioned on day 1 that I made quite a few different watering cans and this card uses one of those leftover cans!

I had these two bottles left over as well as the blue pinwheels. I forgot to mention on day 1 that the pinwheel hydrangea card was inspired by THIS photo. I decided to use the leftover pinwheels again on this birthday card.

I didn't have any of the flowers left over so I die cut two of each variety and then stamped them in bright, summery colors. I made a yellow and pink peony, purple and pink hydrangeas, and pink and yellow daisies. These all complement each other nicely and are so cheerful!

I also stamped the "Happy" and "birthday to you" sentiments using the Written in Ribbons stamp set stamp set. These are so much fun to use and really make your cards special!

The pinwheels are die cut using the Pinwheel Party dies and then I added color using the Pinwheel Party Stencil. These are so easy to make and such fun additions to any birthday or party design!

Both backgrounds were created the same, I just ended up with one horizontal card and one vertical card. I used the Windowpane Plaid Background stamp to ink up just a portion of a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch panel of white cardstock. I just inked up part of it and gave pressure to the center only. I really like this partial print and the unexpected look it gives to the background.

I did a little ink blending in the center using Aqua ink and then around the edges as well. I used the largest and middle sizes of the Crimped Frame dies to create the frame. I layered it over the top of the background using foam squares for dimension.

I stamped the "Fresh Picked" and the "for your birthday" sentiment, which are from the Just Mason Around stamp set onto the panel using black ink. I also added the postal details using the Pretty Postmarks stamp set

Once that was done, I was able to get the watering can filled up with the gorgeous blooms! I taped them to the back of the watering can using clear tape and then adhered it to the card using foam squares.

I finished off the bouquet by adding a few of the new Petite Eucalyptus branches. These are the perfect finishing touch, don't you think? I had so much fun working on these two cards! 

You can find all of the new products in The Greetery Shop at 10 AM EDT TODAY! Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Cindy H. said...

What gorgeous cards! Love the pinwheel card! I can see where you were inspired by that beautiful picture of pinwheels on the wall - so, so lovely! I'm waiting for my pinwheels to come in stock and I'll be ordering today a lot of goodies from today's release, too.

Frances Rodriguez said...

Beautiful. Love what you create so inspirational!

jan metcalf said...

This was a delightful surprise! Beautiful post!

Tricia Barber said...

These are so pretty. Love the bright and happy colors!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Wow, I just can never get enough of your designs- these 2 beauties just blew me away. When you used the pinwheels in your release cards, I kept thinking “ what a fabulous idea to spruce up a birthday card”. The inspiration photo you shared was extraordinary- the 1st thing that came to mind was how I could recreate that. Sigh! Anyway, your cards Kelly are outstanding! Such wonderful details you add here and there that take your designs to the top!! 😎💖