Monday, July 20, 2020

Flash Sale {You are so dear to my heart}

I'm super excited to be hosting the Papertrey Ink Fabulous Flash Sale with 5 different colors of cardstock and ink ON SALE! I've used the 5 colors on today's projects to show you how fun they are when they're paired together! My color picks for this week are Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, New Leaf, Green Parakeet, and Harvest Moon cardstock and the same colors of INK! These colors just scream summer to me...blue skies and sunshine! The sale will go from 12 Noon EDT today until 12 Noon EDT on the 22nd! Check your stash and see if theses colors need to be replenished OR if they need to make their appearance in your craft room!

Playing with color is one of my favorite aspects of card making, but I do admit that I fall into color ruts where I used the same combinations over and over again! Anyone else feel this way? It was so fun to pull out this summery combination and enjoy the process of creating each of these two cards!

I'm having so much fun using the fabulous Into the Blooms die collection (I'm sharing another set of cards using it again tomorrow) because they allow me to create so much dimension and detail to accent my projects!

I knew the bird from the Feathered Friends 2 die collection would look perfect in these colors as well! Doesn't he/she look so cute perched below the sentiment, which is from the Floral Delicacies stamp set. The center of the flowers is also stamped with one of the images from this same set to give them a fun look!

The bird and flowers are added around the fabulous Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle Dies with the sentiment stamped directly in the middle. The background is created by die cutting a piece of Blueberry Sky cardstock using the Border Bling: Tin Stitched die with a bit of Blueberry Sky ink blended around the corners for dimension. The Green Parakeet portion is leftovers from my next card...ha ha! It is the center of the smallest of the Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles and I simply cut it in half and added it to the top and bottom of the background panel. It gives the illusion that it is one continuous piece, but it's really just cut in half! LOL! I added some crystal glitter here and there for some added detail and sparkle!

You can see how that portion is taken from the center of the card on the right! It was a great way to get double duty from one cut! My second card uses the Into the Blooms Die again paired with the heat embossed Nifty Plaid Background. I added some Spring Rain ink over the top using a blender brush. I love the variations in color that it gives as the ink adheres to the edges of the embossed background.

The blooms and leaves are all die cut from white cardstock and then colored using the different inks that are on sale! The stems are cut from New Leaf cardstock and adhered to the emboss/resist background using liquid glue. I added the frame over the top using foam squares and then added in the leaves and daisies using foam squares.

I also added some ink splatter using a marker and my color spritzing tool to give the daisies a more realistic look. The sentiment, which is from the new Inside Greetings: Just Because, is heat embossed onto a banner that is cut using the Banner Builder Basics die. I just love these banners as you all know, since I use them so much!

More glitter is sprinkled onto these blooms and a few sparkling clear sequins add even more shine! These colors were so much fun to use and I encourage each of you to challenge yourself to use colors you don't normally reach for! Thanks for fluttering by!

7 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Pretty, pretty cards! Very sunny & summery! I do get into color ruts too, I think because it feel safe or they’re favs. Last week I downloaded several color combinations, so it makes it easier. Thanks for sharing & letting us know about the sale. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–

Stephanie Clapper said...

(Sorry for posting twice but I’ve meant to ask you about your spritzing tool. I think you mentioned it came from Stamping Up, but isn’t available now. Is it similar to a stippling brush?) Thx Kelly!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! Yes, it is from Stampin' Up! It's actually like an airbrush, but you put a marker in it and manually press the bulb portion that is filled with air that propels the ink splatter. It's hard to explain!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll share a photo in a post next time I use it!๐Ÿ˜‰

Pam said...

Love these cards and I've taken a screen shot so I can make something similar. Hope you don't mind. I've been curious about the crystal glitter you are using. What is the actual name of this product and also maker. Your flip flop cards were beautiful and I duplicated those too. I love color too and appreciate your inspo so much!!!!! Thank you!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks, Pam! No, I don't mind at all!❤ It's from Martha Stewart Crafts and I bought it years ago at Michael's. I'm sure Martha Stewart still has something similar.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, my dear! You're always so sweet!❤

Pam said...

Thanks for getting back to me. I will check it out. Pam