Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Ink to Paper July Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Ink to Paper July release countdown! I forgot to mention yesterday that due to shipping delays, we are doing the regular countdown condensed into 2 days rather than 4! Because of that, I have a lot to share with you again today! Everything will be available for purchase tomorrow, July 15th at 10 PM ET! What caught your eye yesterday? I'd love to  hear what is on your wish list!

My first card for today uses a few fun new dies; In Stitches: Strawberry and a fabulous new die collection called Into the Blooms! This is such a  fun set of dies and I know I will be using them A LOT!  I layered two of the strawberry dies together using liquid glue. The bottom piece is die cut from Sweet Blush cardstock and the top layer is die cut from Berry Sorbet cardstock, with the addition off the seed portion. I added some Pure Poppy ink around the edges to give it some added dimension.

The leaf, stem and flowers are all die cut from white cardstock and then colored using ink and a blender brush. I just love the variation in color I can get when I use this particular technique.

I die cut the Celebrate word twice using the To Die For Sentiments: Birthday out of Sweet Blush cardstock and then glued them together with  liquid glue. I added it to the berry using liquid glue as well. The "sweet birthday wishes" sentiment, which is from the Just Sentiments: Tagged Mini Stamp Set, is stamped in black onto a strip of white cardstock and notched at the ends with scissors. I added it underneath the die cut word using foam squares.

I added a frame that is die cut from Bitty Big: Sweet Blush pattern paper and adhered the berry on top using foam squares. The leaves and flowers are adhered using both foam squares and liquid glue where needed.

My next card uses a new set called Bee-utiful! This is a super fun and versatile set that can be used for so many occasions! The beehives would be so cute hanging from the tree that I showcased yesterday called Floral Breeze. I wanted to do that so badly, but felt I'd given you enough tree cards! LOL!

I stamped the flowers, bees, and hives using black ink and then colored them using alcohol markers. I stamped the hanging greenery using Simply Chartreuse ink and then die cut all of the pieces using the Bee-utiful die collection.

I created a circular vignette using the previously released Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle Dies and added the die cut pieces here and there to create my bee scene.

I couldn't resist using the Bitty Big: True Black pattern paper to keep up with bee theme! I added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment directly to the white stripe. 

I've been making a lot of birthday cards lately so that I can use them for all of the kiddos from church as I've been dropping off their birthday gifts to their doorsteps. I am not sure when we will get to be together again!

For this next card, I've combined  more of the Into the Blooms dies with the new addition ot the Feathered Friends collection. This is the Feathered Friends 2 die and is so easy and fun to use!

The flower petals, stems and bird are all die cut from white cardstock and then colored using ink and a blender brush. The stem is cut from New Leaf cardstock. I didn't want to run the risk of bending it during the blending process.

The background is created by only inking up a portion of the Nifty Plaid background stamp using Hawaiian Shores ink. I also added some Aqu Mist ink blending to the center and some ink splatter as well.

This sweet little sentiment is from the Inside Greetings: Just Because stamp set. I stamped it directly to the panel using True Black ink and my mini MISTI for alignment.

I had so much fun creating this floral scene with the little birdie perched on the Sunflowers! These blooms are so much fun!

My 3rd card for today uses a fun new set called "Here's To You"! I chose to create a summery lemonade birthday card! My mouth is watering just looking at it!

The glasses are stamped using Aqua Mist ink and then I used Lemon Tart ink for the lemonade. The straws and umbrella are die cut and stamped and added to the drinks using liquid glue. I also added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze and glitter to the two glasses of lemonade for some sparkle!

The lemons and flowers are from the Tag Creations: Lemon Die and the coordinating Tag Creations Lemon Stamp Set. The Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles worked perfectly again for this particular card!

The happy birthday sentiment is from the Here's to You set as well! It's perfect for this lemonade card!

My final card for today and the countdown uses the new Feathered Friends 2 Mini Stamp Set paired with more of the Into the Blooms dies! I also used the new Love To Layer: Floral Fusion circle that was showcased yesterday as well. In the end, I almost covered it all up! LOL! It pairs nicely with these die cut flowers!

I wanted something bright and tropical so I made the bird yellow with bright pink flowers! The leaves are New Leaf with a hint of Pinefeather around the top edges for contrast.

The sentiment is also from the Feathered Friends 2 stamp set and is stamped at the bottom of the panel using True Black ink.

I inadvertently cut the base a little larger than I needed so rather than trim it, I took the opportunity to add some stitching to the top right corner. Jill Hawkins does this partial stitching technique quite a bit and I just love it!  I added some black ink splatter and some sequins to finish off this design! This brings us to the end of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by! P.S. Everything is on sale tomorrow night at 10 PM ET.

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

I just love your Summery posts! Such beautiful designs with the Birds & Bees! Especially love how you used the plaid background with the bird! Happy Tuesday!

Connie said...

Kelly, you create the most wonderful cards! It's always a joy to see what you have done.
Thanks