Saturday, December 14, 2019

Ink to Paper December Countdown Day 4

Well friends, it's the 4th and final day of the Ink to Paper December release countdown! Remember, all products will be available for purchase starting at 10 pm EST on the 15th of December! I've got two cards to share with you today; first up is this wedding design using the new "Cake Creations" stamp set! This is one of those perfect sets for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and more! 

I shared a card yesterday that used the new On The Border: From the Heart Frame, but I dry embossed it rather than die cut it. I just love how well it works die cut paired with the Cake Creations stamp set! I cut it from Fresh Snow Linen Cardstock using a metal shim. I shared some Design Team tips last year on how to use intricate dies that you can read HERE

Once I die cut the frame, I cut a 4 1/4 inch by 5 1/2 inch piece of Linen Cardstock and blended some Simply Chartreuse ink around the edges using a blender brush. I layered the frame over the top using a 2 way glue pen to get all of the narrow edges.  I die cut the cake stand from specialty gold cardstock and once again from white cardstock and glued them together for stability. The cake was die cut three times from Linen cardstock. I adhered 2 together and added the Nuvo drop "frosting" and set it aside to dry. 

The leaves and flowers were stamped using my mini MISTI and then die cut using the Cake Creations die collection. I stamped the "congratulations" sentiment onto one of the banners from the banner die collection. 

At this point, I was ready to get everything assembled. I added the cake stand using foam squares and then added the extra cake die cut to the blended/frame panel. Then I added the Nuvo Drop cake over the top using foam squares. I was able to add the flowers and banner using additional foam squares. The finishing touch is a few sparkling clear sequins in the center of some of the flowers. 

My second and final card for today uses a new set called A Little Wispy. It is a fun set that includes two vases, with the option to make the vase show the stems or closed like I did here. It has a lot of fun branches and stems to make all kinds of different arrangements.

It also includes some fun sentiments that are very versatile which makes this a great all-occasion set!
Thanks for fluttering by!


4 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

You are amazing Kelly! And your cards are ALWAYS beautiful! Your wedding cake is exceptional! 😊🎂

Julie said...

your wedding cake card is simply beautiful!

blaze said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS! That wedding cake card is just so fabulous! I want your brain...and your artistic talent...and your drive...

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Wow, what a beautiful congrats card. So amazing! You always rock it, Kelly. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com