Friday, December 27, 2019

Concord & 9th December 2019 Release

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and enjoyed time with family and loved ones! I'm back today with my final Feature Friday as a Guest Designer for Concord & 9th! I had a lot of fun on today's card using the Special Delivery BUNDLE!

Tacos seem to be all the rage right now and I have a dear friend who loves them, so this card is for her! To begin this fun taco inspired design, I wanted to create a background that looks like a hard taco shell. I used the amazing Rectangle Masking Stencils to do some ink blending using Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink. I also added some black paint splatter to look like an actual corn tortilla. It looks light in the photos, but there is actually a nice amount in real life.

Once the background was done, I added the sentiment, which is included in the Special Delivery stamp set using black ink. I used my mini MISTI so that I could get a good saturated image. I also stamped the delivery truck using black in and then die cut it using the coordinating Special Delivery dies. I added some Crystal Glaze on the windows for some added detail and interest.

The taco images are stamped in black and then colored with Copic markers. I attached them to the truck using foam squares. The truck image is adhered to the blended background using additional foam squares for dimension. I also added two hearts that were die cut from red cardstock with a quick coat of Crystal Glaze. 
I had so much fun creating the lettuce detail that is sandwiched between the focal panel and the card base. I simply cut very narrow strips of green cardstock, spritzed it with a water bottle, and then crumpled it in my hand to get it more "lettuce-y"...LOL! I used ScorTape to secure it to the base layer and then used a double thickness of foam squares to raise up the focal pane. I can't wait to give this to my taco loving friend! Thanks for fluttering by!


1 comment:

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, my dear!