Friday, December 13, 2019

Ink to Paper December Countdown Day 3

Welcome to Day 3 of the Ink to Paper December countdown! The love theme continues with the new "To Die For Sentiments: Love" paired with Just Sentiments: Valentine and the new "I Heart You" stamp set! 

I went for a CAS look to create two identical cards. To begin, I die cut the "Love You" sentiments out of gold specialty paper and set them aside. I also die cut the red heart and the scalloped border and glued them together using liquid glue.

I stamped the "forever and always" portion of the sentiment onto a panel of Linen Cardstock measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches using my mini MISTI for precision. I layered the linen panel onto a panel of 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches of Pure Poppy cardstock. Normally I would have just made the card base from the red cardstock, but this was literally my LAST piece of red! Ack! Anyway, it worked out perfectly and I just layered all of that onto white card bases.

Once that was done, I put the heart portion onto the card front using foam squares. I layered the "Love" portion using a 2 way glue pen and then the "you" portion underneath.


I really love the new "Just Sentiments: Valentine" because they work so nicely with all of the new To Die For Sentiments! 

My second project for today also uses the new "To Die For Sentiments: Love" but this time I used the word "heart". I thought it complemented the heat embossed sentiment nicely. 

I dry embossed the new On the Border: From the Heart Frame. The heart portion was the perfect size to fit the heart image from the new All About You set that was showcased on day 1. I added it using foam squares and then added the heat embossed sentiment wrapped around to the back of the embossed panel. 

I added a few burnished gold sequins to complement the embossed sentiment. I hope you've enjoyed day 3 of the countdown! Join me again tomorrow for the 4th and final day! Thanks for fluttering by!


1 comment:

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards! Great designs. Love the embossed background on your second card and all the layering! Love!