Friday, December 20, 2019

Concord & 9th December 2019 Release


Hello friends! I'm back today with my second Feature Friday for Concord & 9th using some amazing new products! I took a minute to put away all of the Valentine's Day cards I've been making this month and one might think it was February, not December! LOL! These first two cards feature some super fun and versatile new products that I can't wait to tell you about!

Both of these cards use the new Sew Happy Hearts stamp set as well as the versatile Sew Happy Hearts dies. I knew I wanted to incorporate some stitching on these two cards, but I barely scratched the surface as far as the creative possibilities that they possess! ha ha!

I wanted the stitching to be evident, but not overpowering so I chose a Rose colored floss to do the stitching around the heart. I used all 6 strands of floss based on the size of the die cut holes. If they were smaller, I might have split it into a 3 strand length.

The best part of stitching on cardstock is there are no knots required! I simply secured the ends with a bit of washi tape and was done! For this top card, I used the heart cluster image and the "you have my heart sentiment" to decorate the heart die cut.

I also added a few sparkling clear sequins for some sparkle and shine! I love the postage stamp edge that you can get using the dies.

Of course I HAD to use this cute sentiment to accent and highlight the stitching that was done on the card. It's so cute! I use this saying a lot in my daily life as well, so it is a fitting card for me to send!

These cards measure 4 1/4 by 4 1/4 and are the perfect little Valentine size!

This second card uses another fun new collection of goodies; the I Chews You stamp set and the coordinating I Chews You dies. What I have failed to mention is that you can purchase these in a convenient BUNDLE, which is always handy!

I heat embossed the base of the gumball machine and the top of the machine using silver embossing powder for some realistic detailing. The die collections comes with a cute little die that cuts three sides of the portion where the gumball would fall so you can lift the flap!

I also used the fun new XOXO Turnabout stamp to do a little background embossing for this fun card!

This set comes with ALL KINDS of punny sentiments, which are my favorite, and I know I'll be using year round!

I added some Crystal Glaze to the gumballs for some realistic shine and detail!

A simple bow of red baker's twine finishes off this fun design! Join me next Friday for another Feature Friday! Thanks for fluttering by!


2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Oh my goodness Kelly, I LOVE your stitching. I used to cross stitch & use my sewing machine more, but never seem to find a place for it on my cards these days. The way you added your floss & perfect stitching adds such a special touch! I’m in love with your postage stamp designs!! I saw these new stamps on their website and Kelly, you’re truly an amazing artist! The way you design gorgeous cards from stamps & dies, amazes me! 😊❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so very much! You're ALWAYS so sweet! I appreciate all of your support!