Saturday, September 28, 2019

Saturday Showcase {Halloween Frights-Boo!}

Welcome to this week's Ink to Paper Saturday Showcase! Today a few of us are getting in the Halloween spirit with some fun Monster inspired ideas! How many of you remember Disney's Snow White? The spooky forest was the inspiration for my projects today! 

To begin my treat holders, I die cut the trees using the Peaceful Forest die collection using the die with the cluster of trees for ease. I knew that with this die and my mini MISTI, making these treat holders would be a breeze! Once they were all cut, I stamped the trees all in black using the Peaceful Forest stamp set. I had to laugh that I used the "peaceful" forest set to create my spooky forest! LOL! Oh well...I sure love stretching my supplies.

I used the Tent Style Packaging Die to die cut 6 panels to create the 3 treat holders. Each one uses two panels glued together at the bottom. I used ScorTape to adhere the bottom flaps for security!

Once that was done, I was able to attach the trees using foam squares for some added dimension. I also die cut the BOO! using the To Die For Sentiments: Halloween out of Canyon Clay cardstock. I added that over the top of the trees using additional foam squares. 

I used the Monster Dies to die cut the eyes and popped those even higher in the Os, to really give them some dimension. 

The sentiment, which is from the Halloween Fillings stamp set, is heat embossed in white to really make it pop! The finishing touch is the clothespin added to each of the treat holders. I added a strip of True Black pattern paper from the Bitty Big Pattern paper collection. I love combining spots and stripes for Halloween! I also couldn't resist adding a few white Nuvo drops here and there to give the feeling of even more eyes peering out from the forest! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Nancy G said...

Kelly you treat bags look SO fun, your amazing!!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Talk about thinking outside the box! Your treats using Christmas trees and making eyes from the BOO, is genius! AWESOME! ๐Ÿ‘ PS. That was a strange comment from Unknown. I think I finally get it, about not being a robot. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Stephanie! Yes, that was a strange comment!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I used to get them quite a bit when I didn't blog as frequently, but oh well! Lol!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much! You're always so sweet!